AEP Has Arrived

On a more serious note guys, look at the ATT/AON site on what limited choices the poor ATT people are being offered for Med supps, Part D and MAPD just got a link today on it. Boy, not showing all the plans really limit these people, especially on the drug plans and med supps.....who the heck shows Plan A, K or L. It's got to be total confusion for those people. Here's the link

https://www.aonhewittnavigators.com/search-results.aspx

I used my zip code but just enter your own, you'll see how limited they are. It makes me mad because my uncle retired from ATT/Ma Bells, enough of an insult to be promised insurance for life and then get this as your solution

yes AEP is here. Set an appt. with an existing client for today, showed up and they were playing hide behind the curtains, the garage door even shut itself. the when I come back 30 minutes later an old timer, probably just working AEP) is there and my client tells me "sorry".

makes you wonder why you should go out of your way sometimes.

Has the date changed? I thought it was Nov 15th to Dec 31st.

Where does this keep coming from, I had 4 prospects tell me the same thing.

this rumor must have started somewhere, (However untrue it is)
Because I keep hearing it

Where does this keep coming from, I had 4 prospects tell me the same thing.

this rumor must have started somewhere, (However untrue it is)
Because I keep hearing it

The AEP used to run from November 15th - December 31st...

Hasn't been that way for like 4 years

that's when they used to have open enrollment too
I was captive at that time.

Here's the issue, and all Medigap phone agents should take notice...I've said this in another post...

Several call centers with deep pockets have ramped up "boiler room" style with hundreds of agents each to sign up whoever they can. It was only a matter of time. Their upper management could care less about Seniors, they only want to sell deals and as many as possible every day. Evidently they don't care about product knowledge either as this has absolutely been the worst I have ever seen regarding mis-information given to people. This is after almost 6 years in the industry.

Just an FYI, but corporate has moved in and it's likely only going to get worse. The silver lining however, is that they're hiring complete idiots with a fresh license tagged to their backsides and you should easily be able to counter their B.S.

Case in point...a gal came to my website today for her parents, wants them off MAPD's ASAP. She told me that another agent told her that they couldn't get off their MAPD unless the plan was leaving the area. This was YESTERDAY. ALA first day of AEP.

Last edited:
"Pat my own back" post of the day.
A referral called me and said her 87 year old mother needs to get off her med supp and on to a MAPD plan. I asked her what company she has and the price and it was florida blue $173/month including Rx. I thought maybe she was on a pre modernized plan including Rx but she said they bought it 2 years ago. She says, we have to get off this med supp because she's hitting the donut hole and paying too much out of pocket. They want a MAPD that will cover the gap.

I explain the gap and how it works and let her know that no matter what, she will hit that gap and don't let any agent talk an 87 year old woman out of leaving a med supp for a MAPD.

And this is coming from a guy who has 70/30 MAPD to med supp biz

Back