Aetna to Acquire Medicare Supplement Business of Genworth Financi

Crabcake Johnny

Guru
5000 Post Club
Maryland
HARTFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aetna (NYSE: AET) today announced that it has entered into an agreement with Genworth Financial, Inc. to acquire Genworth’s Medicare Supplement business and related blocks of in-force business. Genworth is a leading provider of Medicare Supplement coverage. The business has more than 145,000 Medicare Supplement members. The transaction will substantially enhance Aetna's presence and capabilities as a provider of Medicare Supplement insurance.

Aetna to Acquire Medicare Supplement Business of Genworth Financial | Business Wire

Re: Aetna to Acquire Medicare Supplement Business of Genworth Fin

This can only be a good thing. Never liked dealing with GenWorthless. They are only second to UHC in the PITA factor. I really like dealing with Aetna.

Wonder if this is a way to make up for lost revenue in the Advantage side?

This can only be a good thing. Never liked dealing with GenWorthless. They are only second to UHC in the PITA factor. I really like dealing with Aetna.

I doubt if you will see much change unless they "re-educate" the managers at Continental Life. They have a captive mindset, and until that changes, I will have no part of them.

Remember the old saw: The more things change, the more they remain the same. A company buy-out will not make any perceptable changes at the street level unless and until there are some changes in management. Sometimes this has to be done with personnel changes, but usually a new takeover will not do this. They will keep old management in place unless they can bring in their own, cost effectively.

Back