Aetna Buys Humana

Truth be told, he was coming up with all but $750. Neither Dave nor I could find more than $300.

Rick

I understand. We all know you have to keep your income as low as possible to keep your large subsidy.

Aetna is doubling down, from my seat, acquiring coventry was a disaster in my market. They were doing very well here before, then they changed all their mapd co pays, and people bailed. Including their staff.

Same here. The Cov-Medicare/Aetna merge was a disaster, the Cov-one/Aetna merge is STILL A WORLD CLASS MESS. Lost one of our best agent managers at the KC office to BCBS. If I worked on the local Cov-one side I'd be looking for a job, no way in hell I'm doing ACA AEP again with them as the front runner.

We have some people down at the Aetna kick off and are doing a webinar on it Friday (yes, that was a shameless plug).

However, they are talking about the Humana deal. I don't think we will see any changes on the senior side for a few years by the time the regulators go through the deal and the merger starts. The Aetna / Coventry deal took a number of years and that was a smaller buy, and once staff starts to move around, who knows what will happen.

The only thing I see happening is the customer saying "if Aetna bought Humana, we should just go with Aetna" Humana is not that strong in my area so this just makes Aetna an easier choice for them.

Latest posts

Back