Aetna Buys Humana

Aetna is expanding their Medicare footprint while shrinking the Obamacare market by 2 players.

The positive is instead of two PIA companies we now have one larger one.

Actually three. Aetna/Coventry/Humana. And Humana on the ACA side has been much better to deal with than Aetna/Coventry.

On the MAPD side, Coventry was easy to deal with until the transition last year.

Hey, I just thought of a positive. Aetna/Coventry has no issues with the agent mailing the MAPD app to the client. Hopefully we can do that with Humana now.

All I wrote last year was Aetna, great network, aca options were great, this just made my entire aep so much more lucrative.

I have always said to myself that it will be a Blue and Aetna world very soon.
If UHC would gt moving back to where they used to be and stop bowing down to aarp we might have 3 good companies to deal with. Uhc burned to many bridges in Florida by ditching all the doctors, hard to come back from that move.

I can't believe regulators let 2 huge giants like this merge. They should be broken up, too much of a monopoly!

Are you being serious or joking? Free market...

----------

Hey, I just thought of a positive. Aetna/Coventry has no issues with the agent mailing the MAPD app to the client. Hopefully we can do that with Humana now.

Man, that would be awesome.

Humana has been strong here in OH for years. Their HMO has been really nice and stable.

One of my 2015 goals was to do all work over the phone, and I've been able to make that transition - except for Humana. That would be nice to now have the transition 100%. Just the other day, I met with someone face-to-face because it was Humana's HMO. Felt like a HUGE waste of time...

Back