Aetna Continental Life Vs New Aetna Med Supp

If you can save them money move them before another agent does...it's the nature of the business.

No, they'll have to be underwritten to move them to Aetna.

If every agent does that, I guess that REALLY would accelerate the death spiral. Just curious, is Aetna notifying their existing ACL business that they have this option to qualify for the new Aetna plan. My guess is NO. I'm not sure why regulators even allow this. I would imagine that most seniors would not be aware of these serpentine changes to their policies.

If every agent does that, I guess that REALLY would accelerate the death spiral. Just curious, is Aetna notifying their existing ACL business that they have this option to qualify for the new Aetna plan. My guess is NO. I'm not sure why regulators even allow this. I would imagine that most seniors would not be aware of these serpentine changes to their policies.

No. Of course Aetna wants them to pay the higher price.

If you can save them money move them before another agent does...it's the nature of the business.

Excellent point, though as we're now just experiencing this with Aetna (we did several moves the other day of our own clients), has anyone gotten info on commissions if you're doing an internal conversion like this? Someone might be taking your client but not getting paid on it.

MOO gives credit to the first AOR so it's wasted time unless you can bring a spouse along. We did move someone on Friday but didn't get a chance to check with Aetna on payouts for internals.

Excellent point, though as we're now just experiencing this with Aetna (we did several moves the other day of our own clients), has anyone gotten info on commissions if you're doing an internal conversion like this? Someone might be taking your client but not getting paid on it.

MOO gives credit to the first AOR so it's wasted time unless you can bring a spouse along. We did move someone on Friday but didn't get a chance to check with Aetna on payouts for internals.

I'm not sure, but I don't think they pay very well for internal moves. I was talking about moving them to a different company all together.

I guess it'll be different by state, but when Aetna Health came out here, they weren't too competitive and now they've had an increase and aren't in the ball park. ACI was great for several years. I've been moving the older policies for a while.

...has anyone gotten info on commissions if you're doing an internal conversion like this? Someone might be taking your client but not getting paid on it.

Aetna protects the original writing agent, who will continue to get the commission on an internal replacement to any of their other subsidiaries, whether the AOR or another agent writes it. Had one case a couple years ago, though, where the original agent had been terminated due to a credit problem. I moved the client from ACL to CLI and did get comped.

Aetna protects the original writing agent, who will continue to get the commission on an internal replacement to any of their other subsidiaries, whether the AOR or another agent writes it. Had one case a couple years ago, though, where the original agent had been terminated due to a credit problem. I moved the client from ACL to CLI and did get comped.

Awesome this is great to know and actually very good news.

Thanks!

Yes, I forgot to mention that. I wrote a lady an Oxford Med Supp a couple of years ago and her daughter had an U65 med Supp with ACI. They said they never heard from the agent that wrote it and wanted me to be her agent. Aetna said that as long as the original agent was active(and he was), they wouldn't do it.

I like that. There was some talk about FE agents sneaking in and stealing/AORing Humana MAPD clients that didn't know any better. That doesn't seem right to me. I like that Aetna protects the original agent.

One thing is almost for certain. The rates on the closed book will increase at a higher rate than the newer open book.
Good Evening to you Both. I am a new agent and I am currently awaiting for my wring number to to come in for Sentinel Security Life Insurance Company. Is this the same company that you are speaking of? If so I will need to make sure I don't sign anyone under this policy as well. I would like to clarify.
Thank you. Lin

Good Evening to you Both. I am a new agent and I am currently awaiting for my wring number to to come in for Sentinel Security Life Insurance Company. Is this the same company that you are speaking of? If so I will need to make sure I don't sign anyone under this policy as well. I would like to clarify.
Thank you. Lin

No Lin, we're talking about Aetna. They have Continental Life(CLI), American Continental(ACI) and now they're coming with Aetna Health. All 3 are Aetna companies, but not available in every state. Nothing to do with Sentinel Security.:)

Back