Aetna Coventry Pulling Out of Many States!

Todd King

IMO/FMO Owner
5000 Post Club
Virginia
Sorry, Aetna's dates in the letter were wrong, leading me to believe it was about MAPD products and not the ACA market. I had to call them to verify, but they did say it was for the under 65 market only.

Last edited:
Sorry, Aetna's dates in the letter were wrong, leading me to believe it was about MAPD products and not the ACA market. I had to call them to verify, but they did say it was for the under 65 market only.

Yea I was going to say something.....and wonder why you posted it here,,,,

Individual market is one of the easiest products to sell. No underwriting and only 1 or 2 companies to contract with and then let them choose. Takes about 20 minutes start to finish and currently pays more then Med Sups in my area. Also, these people don't call you about every little thing because they are savvy enough to call the company or Marketplace and take care of it themselves in most cases.

You are just like the media, pick out parts of sentences and run with it. I believe I said "Pays more than med sups in my area". Can't speak for other areas that either have no plans available or pay no commission.

Also called Aetna/Coventry to confirm, to see if it would include group health plans. The person I talked to in broker support/services couldn't answer, so just gave up trying to chase for an answer that may/may not exist yet.
Just curious b/c thinking of approaching small business folks with group health plans also....even though it pays for S_ _ _T!! But another way of potentially reaching new retirees.
Wait a minute...... let me get my bullet-proof vest on first!

My old employer who was a Medicare brokerage firm tried selling ACA with Molina and worked primarily with those who just missed qualifying for Medicaid applicants. Wisconsin didn't take federal tax payer funds to expand Medicaid qualifications. Took hours to get people enrolled due to the terrible ACA website and constant crashes and over 60% of those people let the ACA policy lapse due to non-payment (near Medicaid folks). They had subsidized premiums under $60/month and still couldn't afford to pay their premiums. Working with Medicaid ACA clients is nothing but chargebacks and wasted time. All that needed to be done was to subsidized HIRSP premiums and leave the health insurance market alone in my opinion. Anyone who was denied by two major medical carriers qualified for HIRSP. Although I think we all understand the real purpose of the ACA was to get rid of private insurance companies so the government could do single payer and screw everyone out of quality healthcare.

Last edited:
Back