Aetna Execuhole Invents Another Great Idea

are they really as antiquated as everyone says in the IT dept

Most carriers are like that. Still using mainframes, running programs they created 40 years ago.

My son worked for Primerica until a few months ago. They are still using mainframes for a lot of the policyholder service. They had 3 guys that knew how to write code for those behemoths, then one of them died.

They started a class at a local tech school designed to teach mainframe programming. Graduates had a guaranteed job offer from Primerica.

Pretty sure Coca-Cola still has stuff on mainframes. Blue does as well.

A few years ago my son took me into the bowels of one of the computer engineering buildings where mainframes in a giant cooled room were running 24/7.

Emory University/Hospital had a similar arrangement when he worked there about 3 years ago. He didn't have clearance to take me in that room but we could look through a glass in the door.

It amazes me how some of the HI carriers are so antiquated in the tech department. SC Blues is scary at times... Im pretty sure they are still using Gateway PCs, they probably still use those cow patterned coffee cups that came with them... lol.

Seriously though, it is like night and day when you compare them with many of the major life carriers. Im not sure why that is.

I just ordered my Aetna packets today and was surprised to learn that I am limited to only 15/month!!! Aetna is not a Huge player in my market, but I don't think they should use this kind of stinginess where enrollment kits are concerned. If I run out of these mid-month, I will have to supposedly call in to "justify" why I need so many. The newbie broker rep told the agency reps at presentation that an Execuhole was promoted for this wonderful idea, which saved . Unless there is a compelling reason for the prospect to choose Aetna, I'll sell another company that believes in abundance and not petty chintziness.

Get with your upline to get more packets to you.

I actually ordered 50 of each plan, it popped up in red that "i am outside of the allowed amount" I pushed enter anyway and I got to boxes of 50, hmo and ppo.

I just ordered my Aetna packets today and was surprised to learn that I am limited to only 15/month!!! Aetna is not a Huge player in my market, but I don't think they should use this kind of stinginess where enrollment kits are concerned. If I run out of these mid-month, I will have to supposedly call in to "justify" why I need so many. The newbie broker rep told the agency reps at presentation that an Execuhole was promoted for this wonderful idea, which saved . Unless there is a compelling reason for the prospect to choose Aetna, I'll sell another company that believes in abundance and not petty chintziness.

Did you try sending in the limit on the order 2 days in a row? Might be a way around it.

Did you try sending in the limit on the order 2 days in a row? Might be a way around it.

That is usually the best work around. Usually a simple explanation that it is AEP so you have a ton of clients will work as well. It is annoying but unfortunately there are agents that do order 100 of everything with no intent to sell. Say the company has 10K agents and that cost is substantial. They are not paying for it, you or your clients are in premium or commissions. The company is trying to preserve those but most agents live in their own world and do not see the big picture.

Back