Aetna Marketing Supension

MrMack

Guru
100+ Post Club
Aetna Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug plans are suspended from selling new policies after April 21. I hope they get things fixed quickly. :1mad:

Aetna Statement Regarding CMS ActionsHARTFORD, Conn., Apr 09, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) --Aetna (NYSE:AET) announced today that the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) notified the company of its intent to impose intermediate sanctions suspending the enrollment of and marketing to new members of all Aetna Medicare Advantage and Standalone Prescription Drug Plan Contracts, effective April 21, 2010. The sanctions relate to compliance with certain Medicare Part D requirements, primarily those relating to changes in the drugs covered by certain plans from 2009 to 2010.
The suspension does not affect current Aetna Medicare enrollees. Aetna is cooperating fully with CMS on its review, and is working to resolve the issues CMS has raised as soon as possible.
"Compliance problems are unacceptable to Aetna; the issues raised to us by CMS have our utmost attention," said Aetna President Mark T. Bertolini. "Aetna takes our obligations to our Medicare beneficiaries seriously, and our priority is to help ensure they have access to high-quality care, excellent service and needed medications. We are working with CMS to resolve these matters, and we also will be doing proactive outreach to impacted members to resolve these issues."

Aetna halting Medicare enrollment over sanctions

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Aetna Inc (AET.N) is suspending marketing to and enrollment of new members to its Medicare plans for the elderly because of sanctions imposed by the U.S. government, the health insurer said on Friday

Aetna Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug plans are suspended from selling new policies after April 21. I hope they get things fixed quickly. :1mad:

Aetna Statement Regarding CMS ActionsHARTFORD, Conn., Apr 09, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) --Aetna (NYSE:AET) announced today that the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) notified the company of its intent to impose intermediate sanctions suspending the enrollment of and marketing to new members of all Aetna Medicare Advantage and Standalone Prescription Drug Plan Contracts, effective April 21, 2010. The sanctions relate to compliance with certain Medicare Part D requirements, primarily those relating to changes in the drugs covered by certain plans from 2009 to 2010.
The suspension does not affect current Aetna Medicare enrollees. Aetna is cooperating fully with CMS on its review, and is working to resolve the issues CMS has raised as soon as possible.
"Compliance problems are unacceptable to Aetna; the issues raised to us by CMS have our utmost attention," said Aetna President Mark T. Bertolini. "Aetna takes our obligations to our Medicare beneficiaries seriously, and our priority is to help ensure they have access to high-quality care, excellent service and needed medications. We are working with CMS to resolve these matters, and we also will be doing proactive outreach to impacted members to resolve these issues."

Aetna halting Medicare enrollment over sanctions

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Aetna Inc (AET.N) is suspending marketing to and enrollment of new members to its Medicare plans for the elderly because of sanctions imposed by the U.S. government, the health insurer said on Friday

From what I know, Aetna is too big to be an agent's friend. There is a reason they have been shut down...just like WellCare and Anthem - ick.

From all the PDP carriers I've delt with, Aetna was the cat's ass. Great service, if they say they'll call ya back... they do. This does not shake my confidence one plug nickle.

I had the most insane issues with Aetna on 1 policy this year that they canceled without cause, refused to help on, hung up on me in CS multiple times, left me in the hold queue for around an hour one night, ect. I filed formal complaints against them with my state qio and had the client file a formal grievance. They just finally processed the appeals on it, had been ongoing since February. Ended up costing a bedridden man and his caretaker over 700 dollars on his drugs out of pocket while they're on full qmb subsidy, because Aetna couldn't work out the issues.

MedicareGuy: WPS must be the only company because they are just the right size for you. WPS is the only good supplement company aren't they because they aren't too big? Come on man....

Back