AFLAC Med Supp Commission

SusieQ2

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I haven't received this month's commission from my med supp business that's left with AFLAC, anyone else?

Never sold an aflac medsupp, but something tells me that if you have received the checks in the past, then you'll get it this month too.

Never sold an aflac medsupp, but something tells me that if you have received the checks in the past, then you'll get it this month too.

AFLAC's a joke. After all the hurry up and wait on their Med Supp, they pulled out after 10 months.

I only sold 4 of them. On the 4th one, they called me and told me this guy was approved. I said to them, "so you're telling me that I can call him and tell him he's got the insurance"? They said yes, so I let him know. 3 days later I get an e-mail from them saying they needed more info from his Dr. Too make a long story short, they declined him. You know who the bad guy in this story was. He was referral from a client.

I never have people cancel for this very reason. I stop their bank draft and tell them that we won't cancel, then if anything goes wrong, they've still got the insurance and I'll help them get back on the bank draft. If all goes as planned, just ignore the premium notices and the old policy will lapse. This guy paid quarterly direct bill so he was never any danger of him being without insurance, but he was pissed that he had to keep his MOFO GI Plan N at over $900 a quarter. I checked with him last year and he went with a MAPD.

As soon as this happened, I moved the 3 I had already written to other companies. No way I'd do business with that outfit!!!:no:

AFLAC's a joke. After all the hurry up and wait on their Med Supp, they pulled out after 10 months.

I only sold 4 of them. On the 4th one, they called me and told me this guy was approved. I said to them, "so you're telling me that I can call him and tell him he's got the insurance"? They said yes, so I let him know. 3 days later I get an e-mail from them saying they needed more info from his Dr. Too make a long story short, they declined him. You know who the bad guy in this story was. He was referral from a client.

I never have people cancel for this very reason. I stop their bank draft and tell them that we won't cancel, then if anything goes wrong, they've still got the insurance and I'll help them get back on the bank draft. If all goes as planned, just ignore the premium notices and the old policy will lapse. This guy paid quarterly direct bill so he was never any danger of him being without insurance, but he was pissed that he had to keep his MOFO GI Plan N at over $900 a quarter. I checked with him last year and he went with a MAPD.

As soon as this happened, I moved the 3 I had already written to other companies. No way I'd do business with that outfit!!!:no:

Sounds like what happened to me with Cigna being told approved when he was not, Lost both the hub and the wife for that.

As far as Aflac I had 4 policies one was MI was going to be reduced this year. I have not been Paid this month but I was told in the past that when commission will be around $600 for the year they have the legal right and Therefore do not pay anymore. So I am not surprised

Sounds like what happened to me with Cigna being told approved when he was not, Lost both the hub and the wife for that.

As far as Aflac I had 4 policies one was MI was going to be reduced this year. I have not been Paid this month but I was told in the past that when commission will be around $600 for the year they have the legal right and Therefore do not pay anymore. So I am not surprised

Good point. I think most Med Supp companies are like that, so that's probably why the renewals stopped.

I was able to get all but a few out of AFLAC. Oh, well.

What a joke, I like the way companies do everything they can to discourage agents, but tell us how much they need us.

At $600 they have to generate a 1099. Below that it is not required.

I have run into the $600 challenge before and it's not just Medigap.

That's what it is. Lesson learned, they were difficult to deal with but who would have thought any company would be so unprepared and only stay in the market that long.

Oh, well. I guess they can use the $500 more than me:mad:

That's what it is. Lesson learned, they were difficult to deal with but who would have thought any company would be so unprepared and only stay in the market that long.

Oh, well. I guess they can use the $500 more than me:mad:

It's my understanding that it isn't their first time to get in-an-out of the Med Supp business. I moved my last one the other day, and never again-no Duck for me ! I have enough dependents without their MLM business model. Too many up lines to support ! :skeptical:

Back