Agents Breaking Rules

sman

Guru
5000 Post Club
I can't stand such blatant violations of the rules. Received a call from a client this morning. He received a call from someone yesterday stating they wanted to come by and talk to he and his wife about their Medicare Advantage plan options and an agent would be in the area the same day. They allowed the agent to come by. He reviewed the Summary of Benefits booklet and marked all in it. He told my client that all of the doctors in his county were in network (he didn't look up the doctors for the client - just a blanket statement that all of the doctors in the county accept the plan). And wouldn't you know it, one of his doctors isn't in network (it's an HMO plan). He then attempted to get my client and his wife to go ahead and sign an application on October 8th. When he wouldn't sign, he asked if he wanted to think about it for a day and he'd come back on the 9th and have them sign. Of course my client didn't sign because he wanted to discuss his options with me.

When I told my client that one of his doctors wasn't in the network he said, "you mean that man looked me in the face and lied to me?" I asked my client if he asked for his doctors names and looked them up in a directory. And as I mentioned above he said the agent just told him all the doctors in the county are in the network. Didn't ask him for any doctors names.

I looked the agent up and he's been licensed since May 22nd of this year. Less than 5 months in the business and already breaking all kinds of rules.

It's OK to sign b4 Oct 15th, just don't date. That is what Rick told me.

I find it easier just to have them sign a blank application or two. It's a real time saver.

Also, consider getting a light box so you can just trace the signature onto a new application when necessary. Works great for cross-selling.

Rick

The sucky agents never get caught in my area, they just keep on selling even after tons of complaints.
I had one agent in this area advertise his seminars 2 months before even began and not one person shut him down.

I find it easier just to have them sign a blank application or two. It's a real time saver. Also, consider getting a light box so you can just trace the signature onto a new application when necessary. Works great for cross-selling. Rick

Rick has all these pro tips and more in his new E-book

"10 ways to Lose Your License"

Back