AHIP 2010 Medicare Certification

Trent

I just finished my 2010 AHIP Medicare Certification, passed with a 98% the first time.

The test is so easy, it appears it was dumbed down (or is it dummed down) from the test last year for 2009.

Many of the questions on the test where exactly the same questions on the sample test questions going through the five training modules.

Each question has four answers, two are so obvious not the correct answer, so you have a 50% of getting the anwer correct just guessing.

You are allowed to miss 5 and still pass.

I'd like to know the link also. Do you think we'll have to go through the training with each and every company or will this AHIP help out this year?

I'd like to know the link also. Do you think we'll have to go through the training with each and every company or will this AHIP help out this year?

I think you can search until you are blue in the face before you find a "free" AHIP certification. One of the things that have come about in the last year's recession is tightening of budgets. Carriers have noted that agents are easy to squeeze, so most are now deferring certification to AHIP or Gorman and saving themselves the cost.

I re-certified with Pyramid this year, but they made it clear that their certification is no good with any other carrier. However, they would accept AHIP or Gorman if we had already paid. This seems to be de rigueur... with some carriers offering a rebate for the cost if you make a certain number of sales.

As to the other question... The one CMS required certification is good for all carriers... the product certification is carrier specific and is usually provided at no cost but you will need to qualify for each product at each carrier.

I know... But, it saves me a lot of time to avoid multi-testing.

Some carriers will rebate. I'm not waiting for that to happen anytime soon so it has been and remains an agent ripoff.

It's all about market share and positioning yourself for the onslot of 2011.

I know... But, it saves me a lot of time to avoid multi-testing.

Some carriers will rebate. I'm not waiting for that to happen anytime soon so it has been and remains an agent ripoff.

It's all about market share and positioning yourself for the onslot of 2011.

The big deal for 2011 will be med sups. You don't need the AHIP for that.

The big deal for 2011 will be med sups. You don't need the AHIP for that.

I agree. If only people like us got together and formed an FMO Coop we'd make a decent living without some nimrod playing with our rice bowls.

Think about it. If we all pooled our talent we could walk up to most any carrier and form an FMO.

nimrod.jpg

FMO NIMROD

How can they call this training. They aren't telling us the rates, plan info, etc. Yes, you do learn about the new rules, what you can say and cannot say, OEP, AEP etc. I went through one of my main carriers and am good to go on the PDP plan but they don't give you any info on the plan!

Back