AHIP Problems, Anyone?

I just completed the exam after trying to take it 3 times, because if you use any browser other than Goggle chrome your results won't be submitted correctly.

I don't understand all this Google Chrome crap, when you do CMS training now you have to use Google Chrome too. These are the only 2 things I use anything other than Internet Explorer for.

Failed AHIP Anyone?

I did not pass AHIP this year. I fell short in all 3 attempts.
I re-paid the AHIP fee, repeated the course and finally passed 100%.
This would be my 3rd Medicare selling season and I have established clientele.
1.Does anyone know whether I'll be allowed to sell this year? If no, what happens to all of my clients?
2. Does anyone know about Gorman and how would certifying with them help my circumstance?

Re: Failed AHIP Anyone?

1.Does anyone know whether I'll be allowed to sell this year? If no, what happens to all of my clients?
2. Does anyone know about Gorman and how would certifying with them help my circumstance?

If you passed AHIP on the 2nd course try you are fine-they have generated a certificate, correct?

All you have to do now is get certified for each of the insurance carriers that you represent, that may be more difficult for you because there are no repeat courses allowed, if you fail to pass within the allotted number of attempts you are shut out for the year and will not receive renewal commissions.

Most of the carriers allow 3 attempts, I believe UHC is allowing 6 this year.

It's unusual for an experienced agent to not get through AHIP on the 1st attempt, you should probably take more time on the material when you start doing carrier training because their tests can be more difficult than AHIP

I do not know if Humana is a player where you are but if you fail AHIP 3 times you can not certify with them for a year.

Forget Gorman this year they cannot seem to get anyone through due to a multiple of glitches.

I believe UHC will allow you to sell for them if you passed within six attempts. Not sure if there is another carrier that will off the top of my head at this moment.

Passing AHIP alone does not certify you to sell any MAPD plans or (I believe) any PDP plans, the carrier training and certification must also be passed.

I believe UHC allows you to substitute their training for the parts that AHIP covers but none of the others.

The OP now has the AHIP certificate and the initial failure will never be reported to any insurance company, it's a non-event at this point in time.

Back