AHIP Problems, Anyone?

Re: Failed AHIP Anyone?

Passing AHIP alone does not certify you to sell any MAPD plans or (I believe) any PDP plans, the carrier training and certification must also be passed.

I believe UHC allows you to substitute their training for the parts that AHIP covers but none of the others.

The OP now has the AHIP certificate and the initial failure will never be reported to any insurance company, it's a non-event at this point in time.

I just meant that's the only place he could go with a AHIP after three tries. Yes, you have to do their training and test too. But I thought that went without saying.

I just meant that's the only place he could go with a AHIP after three tries. Yes, you have to do their training and test too. But I thought that went without saying.

We both know it but I'm not sure the OP understood, that's why I added that post

If you passed AHIP on the 2nd course try you are fine-they have generated a certificate, correct?

All you have to do now is get certified for each of the insurance carriers that you represent, that may be more difficult for you because there are no repeat courses allowed, if you fail to pass within the allotted number of attempts you are shut out for the year and will not receive renewal commissions.

Most of the carriers allow 3 attempts, I believe UHC is allowing 6 this year.

It's unusual for an experienced agent to not get through AHIP on the 1st attempt, you should probably take more time on the material when you start doing carrier training because their tests can be more difficult than AHIP
Yes. Thankfully, I now have a 2017 AHIP certificate.
Thank you for your assistance.

Back