AHIP Questions

From all I've seen three times is the limit. How does someone with years of renewals level of experience not pass in three tries, or not know that everything is on the line on that third attempt?
My father has been in the insurance industry for over 30 years has passed this test every year since 2008 but can not pass the test for this year 2018. He has been studying for days, has piles of paperwork, and has passed every other test for other certifications, security licenses, etc. One has to wonder if the test is designed for failure? Is anyone else having this experience this year?

sometimes a person just gets mental blocks that prevent them from getting the "right" perspective from a group of words.

This is not the only thread about failing the ahip exam. A common suggestion I have seen for taking the test after a failure, in addition to a lot of study, is having a second set of screens open to ahip study material while testing. It sounds like if you get good understandings of the material and how study material is organized, that basically there is enough time during the test that you can cross check many of your answers against underlying study material.

You would have to search up some of these threads to see precisely how other agents are recommending to proceed. Maybe this idea would be helpful to your father.

My father has been in the insurance industry for over 30 years has passed this test every year since 2008 but can not pass the test for this year 2018. He has been studying for days, has piles of paperwork, and has passed every other test for other certifications, security licenses, etc. One has to wonder if the test is designed for failure? Is anyone else having this experience this year?

Interesting considering it's technically an open book test. You can download all course slides. Personally, I didn't review the first three courses as it isn't required when recertifying. I clicked through courses 4 and 5 as quickly as possible and took the test immediately. Got a 98.

There's nothing tricky about the test. Your dad might be overthinking things.

I'm being 100% serious here but I think something else could possible be the issue. If he's passed this simple test for the last decade he should pass this test without even studying.

I just finished it in one night without reading anything or taking any notes. The test is so easy (for an agent).
You might want to find the real underlying issue at hand.

One of my agents passed the AHip the 4th time , and now no carrier will accepted him , what legal help is available ? It's not fair that he will lose out after 8 years of renewals ! Any direction. ?
I had read on here someone say you had to pay again if you failed 3 times, but I had been under the impression there was a timeout if you failed 3 times. I'm wondering if legally you can test a 4th time, if it is some sort of self-imposed thing by insurance companies? All 3 of the major carriers I worked for blocked you for the season if you failed 3 times. Between running a call center program/contract, and consulting in house directly 3 strikes and you were cut loose.

Good luck, but I would ask the same question that was raised earlier, how could a seasoned agent not pass in 3 attempts? I haven't had to take it in about 2 years, and I would pass first try, no question. It just doesn't change, and it's pretty basic stuff!

Tests are more about test taking than knowledge in some cases. Some people can pass a test and know no more than someone that can't pass the test. Sometimes it's a reading problem.

There are techniques for taking tests. A system, if you will. When I taught the pre-licensing I taught the system as well.

If you exhaust all else, use the SWAG method.....SCientific wild ass guess. Sometimes it works.

A 90 on a test is a pretty high standard. Could the person who wrote the test consistently get a 90? Probably not, misreading a question here and there could cause one to miss it.

With AHIP, it is the same test since the beginning. I am 68, in business 46 years, passed lots of tests. I'm exempt from state continuing education. It is an insult to have to take AHIP year after year then similar testing with the individual companies.

There will be a time when I can't pass the test. I'm old, my eyes aren't what they once were. Some of the questions are long enough that when I finish reading it, I have to read it a second time.

Does this testing make me a better agent? NO!!! It make someone else feel good.

Best wishes to anyone having trouble passing the test. I wish you well.

Back