AHIP Questions

plays2win

Expert
I have a few questions I couldn't find online I'm hoping someone can answer.

First, once you pass the AHIP test how long is it before you have to retest again?

Second, is it better to get the AHIP certification directly through their website (www.medicareonlinetraining.com) or take it on the insures website?

Third, I'd rather not pay the full $149.00 to get the cert through (www.medicareonlinetraining.com) . Does anyone know of a way to get discount on the price.?

Forth, what's the deadline to pass the cert test to be able to sell during this years OEP?

Thanks

You can take it back to back if I like. 50 questions can only miss 4 questions

Try Aenta think have $100 rebate with no sales required. must attend face to face meeting. (per agent support)

I have a few questions I couldn't find online I'm hoping someone can answer.

First, once you pass the AHIP test how long is it before you have to retest again?

Second, is it better to get the AHIP certification directly through their website (www.medicareonlinetraining.com) or take it on the insures website?

Third, I'd rather not pay the full $149.00 to get the cert through (www.medicareonlinetraining.com) . Does anyone know of a way to get discount on the price.?

Forth, what's the deadline to pass the cert test to be able to sell during this years OEP?

Thanks
First, once you pass the AHIP test how long is it before you have to retest again? --->Annually, usually late August/early Sept.... unless you meant to say how long before you retake a FAILED attempt.... (you don't need to retake a passed test). If you fail (miss more than 5 questions) you can retake it up to 3 times before you are charged for another retest.

From AHIP: "You will have the opportunity to take the Final Exam three (3) times as part of your enrollment package. If you fail the Final Exam three (3) times, you will be required to re-enroll and purchase another set of 3 attempts before proceeding. Upon re-enrollment, you will have to repeat the required training modules before gaining access to the Final Exam again. Please be aware that some companies may wish to know how many attempts were required to pass the exam."
If I missed just 6 answers, I would retake the test right away. If you miss a bunch, you better study a lot more before you waste another retake offer.

Second, is it better to get the AHIP certification directly through their website (www.medicareonlinetraining.com) or take it on the insures website? --> It does not matter as far as certification goes, but if you link to the AHIP site from your company's broker portal, you will be able to gain the discounted price. In which case you will note in your browser window a customized AHIP web page for that carrier. Subsequent reports of your completion can be retrieved by another carrier you may choose without additional cost.

--> You need to look at your carrier's broker portal for their negotiated price. Coventry offers a $50 discount for the test, leaving you to pay $100, and if you sell 6 apps will credit your agent account for $100 FQTR 2012. Net cost: $0. You MUST link to AHIP from the carrier portal to get this discount. You can't log onto AHIP directly and get the carrier discount.

Forth, what's the deadline to pass the cert test to be able to sell during this years OEP? -> You must be "certified" before you can get product training, which is another hurdle. Check with your carrier. Lastly.... and this is a jaw dropper.... You should know that there is no longer an OEP. I assume you meant AEP. (The OEP was replaced last year with an ADP.) If you don't know this, I suggest you do a whole lot more studying. The AHIP testing is mainly an overview/review/update... it is not in-depth training for MA/PDP plans. If this is your situation, I suggest you take a CE course on MA plans before attempting the AHIP. (Other people may disagree, your mileage may vary, etc.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
.... 50 questions can only miss 4 questions....

Ck your math. Passing score is 90%.... 5 misses.

Last edited:
First, once you pass the AHIP test how long is it before you have to retest again? --->Annually, usually late August/early Sept.... unless you meant to say how long before you retake a FAILED attempt.... (you don't need to retake a passed test). If you fail (miss more than 5 questions) you can retake it up to 3 times before you are charged for another retest.

What I meant to say is do you need to retake the AHIP every year even if you passed the test the year before and I believe your answer was yes.

What I meant to say is do you need to retake the AHIP every year even if you passed the test the year before and I believe your answer was yes.

Yes, the tests are taken annually because the plans are annual and Medicare benefits change annually.

Like I said before.... from the looks of your questions, you need more training than what the AHIP certification provides. AHIP certification is just one way to certify to meet CMS minimum requirements. Some carriers will train you and then certify you through their own program. Others expect you to get training on your own but require AHIP certification. Check with the carrier(s) of your choice.

Last edited:
One of my agents passed the AHip the 4th time , and now no carrier will accepted him , what legal help is available ? It's not fair that he will lose out after 8 years of renewals ! Any direction. ?

One of my agents passed the AHip the 4th time , and now no carrier will accepted him , what legal help is available ? It's not fair that he will lose out after 8 years of renewals ! Any direction. ?

From all I've seen three times is the limit. How does someone with years of renewals level of experience not pass in three tries, or not know that everything is on the line on that third attempt?

It's been the same test for the last 3 years just with the new updates even the examples are still the same

Back