Are All Bankers Life & Casualty Agents ...

Re: Are All Bankers Life & Casualty Agents Liars?

The enrollment period you referenced is for MA plans and/or part D. Not for med sups.

Med sups have the one time open enrollment period and then they have special cases of GI that are for 63 days.

No, I was referring to a Med Supp. You are guaranteed any med supp when starting Part B.

Just to set the record straight, when someone is T65 the agent can write a Med Supp up to six months prior to the month they turn 65. Their Open Enrollment period starts with the month their Part B is effective and lasts for six months.

There is actually a twelve month period when an agent can write a Med Supp "Open Enrollment" on someone turning 65. Six months before the effective date of Part B and six months after the effective date of Part B.

If they have delayed taking Part B and sign up for it after already having turned 65 then their Open Enrollment period, where they don't have to answer any health questions, is six months following the effective date of Part B.

No, I was referring to a Med Supp. You are guaranteed any med supp when starting Part B.

It is not 3 months prior and 3 months after for med sups. See Frank's answer above so that I don't have to retype it.

Just to set the record straight, when someone is T65 the agent can write a Med Supp up to six months prior to the month they turn 65. Their Open Enrollment period starts with the month their Part B is effective and lasts for six months.

There is actually a twelve month period when an agent can write a Med Supp "Open Enrollment" on someone turning 65. Six months before the effective date of Part B and six months after the effective date of Part B.

If they have delayed taking Part B and sign up for it after already having turned 65 then their Open Enrollment period, where they don't have to answer any health questions, is six months following the effective date of Part B.

Unless you are selling phil american/new era. They only allow apps taken within 90 days even for open enrollments. I have fought them on this because I don't think its right. It even states this on their website.

does it involve taking hostages..........

Funny...and worth consideration,.. if they valued their people, which they don't. No, it involves smoothly, and with a smile (although, not too big a smile....they would smell a defection, and begin/restate the threats, intimidation, insults, harrassment) getting the perverbial ducks in a row. It requires collecting information. Becoming somewhat unavailible, due to some 'emergency'. Not sharing the plan. Putting an app on the ol cell phone, ect., ect. Also expecting the 'friends' in the rear view mirror to be calling. Always tell them you've decided to work at Walmart, that insurance hasn't worked out..(since you're lazy and stupid anyway, they'll buy it).
Meanwhile...you've gotten appointed with real A rated companies, writing real business, with real claim service, with people with money and intellect, making real money the right way.
And how to return your crap to them, gracefully, before they figure it out. There is no notice giving. They will physically walk you to the door, slam it, and mail you the picture of your wife and kids, left in the slavicle, where you had been chained...gotta make room for new screwbies.

Last edited:

Good decision. You will think you have died and gone to heaven once you are out from under them.
Managers getting fired everywhere. New investigations starting. Big news coming.
It's better out from under them, but they chase ex-agents with undocumented chargebacks.

It is not 3 months prior and 3 months after for med sups. See Frank's answer above so that I don't have to retype it.

Depends on the company. Right now 100% of my med supps are UHC and it is 3 months prior

Depends on the company. Right now 100% of my med supps are UHC and it is 3 months prior

The person I was responding to was saying that was the period for med sups. It's not. It's 6 months after for open enrollment and the prior is company specific.

It seemed he was confusing the MA enrollment with med sup enrollment, but, he claims that was not the case.

Back