Are All Bankers Life & Casualty Agents ...

If you (you as in a general term, not directed at anyone on this forum) need "hand holding" and/or do not have the self discipline or confidence built up yet to market on your own, then a "captive" organization me be right move. None of this is meant as an insult, as I explain below:

It is very difficult to go from a very structured organization where there is build in accountability and managers and higher ups to report to, to a self employed situation where there is no formal accountability except for the one you place on yourself. It is very easy to think "I worked really hard yesterday, so I will go a head and take it easy tomorrow." which creates a very slippery slope. The question I tell others to ask themselves, "If I had an employee doing the amount of work and or effort you are, would it be acceptable?" If the answer is no, then you have a problem.

Anyone still available to comment on Bankers Life and Casualty and their careers?

If you have never sold insurance before, you can get a half-way decent understanding of product knowledge from Bankers. That's it. Don't drink the Kool-Aid. They will drill into your head the justification for overpriced products is based on world class service. That's complete bull. Bankers has a horrible reputation for service. This is due to high turnover of agents, agents stomping on each other's clients, and incapacitated home office personal. I wish an undercover reporter would do a report simply on the amount of client checks they lose.

To anybody who wants to put them down they have no experience with them.
Rookie you are a fool. I have plenty of experience with them. Open your eyes and stop believing the hype. Use them to get some experience and then get out. They are using you and selling you a vision that does not exist, just look around your office. Do yourself a favor and talk with ex-agents and you'll learn how fast the tide turns.

Bankers will give you solid cross selling technique in the house as well as a way to introduce yourself in the senior market. I worked for Bankers for nearly 6 years and it will get old quick. Learn as much as you can from them and go independent. It is very hard to be a career agent at Bankers and that is coming from a 3 time convention qualifying, territory recognized, and number one apc producer.

It was not Bankers that got old quick. That was more of a slow rot. It was the 150 calls a day in office days that got old quick. Also Go Blackhawks!!!

Last edited:
Bankers will give you solid cross selling technique in the house as well as a way to introduce yourself in the senior market. I worked for Bankers for nearly 6 years and it will get old quick. Learn as much as you can from them and go independent. It is very hard to be a career agent at Bankers and that is coming from a 3 time convention qualifying, territory recognized, and number one apc producer.

This is exactly how I feel. Learn what they do and move along into the independent world with lots of training and techniques. Stan I agree 100% with you. I am planning to return to independent within a few monthsm they paid for my AHIP licensing as well as paying for some designations and my leads. You are also right about the 150 calls a day. I just sit there and get the crap leads because I'm still new. Just recently I started getting the internet leads. Wow!

Bankers used to be a great company that cared about their agents, now all they care about is confusing seniors with recruits hired only to serve their bottom line. 20 year vet.

Back