Are All Bankers Life & Casualty Agents ...

Re: Are All Bankers Life & Casualty Agents Liars?

I'm starting to recognize the "lines" the different agencies teach new agents to say-

Senior Solutions- "You have the 'BUICK' plan, which is fine but, THIS is the CADILLAC"

Bankers- "We pay claims electronically so you never have to hassle with any paperwork"

Physicians Mutual - "Sure we might be expensive NOW but in four years we will be the lowest!!! How long to you plan do stay on medicare?"

I never really have a problem with any of those guys though.

Not sure which is worse, a United american agent or a Bankers Life agent. Best thing to do is call the HOME OFFICE (not the agent) from the clients home on speaker phone, and ask them if what they told the client is true. They won't lie because they have no reason to.

A Lady just called me and bought a plan from Bankers yesterday (her husband bought the plan) He is t65 in October.
How the hell did he take this app and their money so far in advance? Isnt the rule 3 months before birthday, birthday month then 3 after?

A Lady just called me and bought a plan from Bankers yesterday (her husband bought the plan) He is t65 in October.
How the hell did he take this app and their money so far in advance? Isnt the rule 3 months before birthday, birthday month then 3 after?

For someone turning 65 the agent can date the app up to six months prior to the month they turn 65. Their six month Open Enrollment period is then the six months following the effective date of Part B.

There is actually a twelve month period when you can write an app for someone who is turning 65 without having to ask any health questions.

I would go to work for them if I could get ahold of all their leads and lists of their policy holders, and then go roll them into something reasonably priced. In fact I may just pay someone to go and do that.

I would go to work for them if I could get ahold of all their leads and lists of their policy holders, and then go roll them into something reasonably priced. In fact I may just pay someone to go and do that.

If you had a list of their policy holders you would never have to write another app again. You could sell that list for $100 per name.

When I hear Bankers Life I also hear the ching, ching of money going into my account. Replacing Bankers Life is almost like having a license to steal.

Report them to the Insurance Commissioner. Some of them actually train their agents to say those lies. I am in Tx and I know some Bankers Agents that tell those same lies.

Bankers agents are not safe from each other.

They also have been known to recycle leads/policyholders. Many agents could easily be working the same lead/policyholder.

Don't forget the Branch manager has control of everything that comes in. Whats in that persons best interest is more sales. More people working leads/policyholders the better for them.

Can you imagine multiple agents having your leads and policyholders right now?

You can imagine the agents that work in this type of environment.

On the plus side, as others have said, they are creating inventory.

Last edited:

I don't think Banker's agents are liars at least not in the beginning. I think they are trained and forced into a position where they have to lie to survive and keep their manager happy.

That is not an excuse as evidenced on here, many agents who start out with them realize that ain't the right way to sell insurance and leave shortly thereafter.

Those agents who are lazy and never do their own research or take the time to learn about the products they are selling fall into that trap. They just simply take some "managers" word that the information is correct. Maybe it is that they don't want to know. Either way it is inexcusable.

Back