Are All Bankers Life & Casualty Agents ...

Re: Are All Bankers Life & Casualty Agents Liars?

Bankers agents are not safe from each other.

They also have been known to recycle leads/policyholders. Many agents could easily be working the same lead/policyholder.

Don't forget the Branch manager has control of everything that comes in. Whats in that persons best interest is more sales. More people working leads/policyholders the better for them.

Can you imagine multiple agents having your leads and policyholders right now?

You can imagine the agents that work in this type of environment.

On the plus side, as others have said, they are creating inventory.

At a certain point, that has to become counterproductive. You're quickly going to lose faith in a company that has two agents calling on you, both at odds with each other.

Pro tip: write the cancellation letter addressed to the home office and have the client sign it when you replace the policy. Then when a Bankers agent calls he/she will tell the client that the policy wasn't cancelled. The signing of the cancellation letter is a powerful step. When the client calls you, let them know that the home office doesn't immediately notify the sales team about cancellations. It makes the Bankers agent look like an ***.

I carry pre-printed Bankers cancellation lettters.

Pro tip: write the cancellation letter addressed to the home office and have the client sign it when you replace the policy. Then when a Bankers agent calls he/she will tell the client that the policy wasn't cancelled. The signing of the cancellation letter is a powerful step. When the client calls you, let them know that the home office doesn't immediately notify the sales team about cancellations. It makes the Bankers agent look like an ***.

I carry pre-printed Bankers cancellation lettters.

Good tip!

I have a case like that right now. I think I will do that instead of just calling the home office to cancel.

Besides being liars, it seems it's possible that these guys are simply better sales people/ more highly motivated than some of the posters here.

just an observation not a judgement.

I would say they definitely have some sales skills but obviously not enough to be Indy. It's also a lot easier to sell something when you use scare tactics.

Besides being liars, it seems it's possible that these guys are simply better sales people/ more highly motivated than some of the posters here.

just an observation not a judgement.

Not saying you aren't correct, because they have a lot going against them. Just curious what you base your "observations" on?

Last edited:

Been in sales a long time. For some folks, it is easier to believe a lie than the truth.

Lie - "Our rates never go up"
Truth - "Rates increase for all plans"

Lie - "We give you a better plan"
Truth - "All Medigap plans are the same"

Lie - "You will never have to file a claim"
Truth - "Gap claims are handled by Medicare, not the insured"

Bottom line, people believe what they want to believe. If you tell them what they want to hear, even if it is a lie, they will believe you.

I hate telling people there is nothing I can do for them, there are no policies that will do what they want. But when that happens I also tell them if they make enough calls they will find someone to lie to them and promise anything just to get the sale, earn a commission, and separate them from their money.

I also tell them I earn nothing by telling folks there are no policies that will cover them so I have no reason to lie.

Some thank me for being honest, but others keep calling.

I even had one lady call me back a month or so after telling her there weren't any major med carriers that would write a policy on her due to having 3 different kinds of cancer over a 10 year period. She called to let me know an agent in FL got her approved with Coventry at a standard rate.

Do you think that agent lied?

No way.

With 100% of our BLC replacements we have the client call the bank to stop payment and sign a cancel-stop draft form that we fax to BLC home office. A double step that is pretty hard to overcome if they try to conserve.

Back