AmCon Medicare Supplements

JimmyUt

Guru
1000 Post Club
Utah
How is their underwriting for insulin dependent diabetes and Rheumatoid arthritis? Two different folks. I just need a rough idea.

How is their underwriting for insulin dependent diabetes and Rheumatoid arthritis? Two different folks. I just need a rough idea.
I don't have an app or UW guide in front of me at the moment but I believe insulin-dependent diabetes is a decline all by itself.

I don't have an app or UW guide in front of me at the moment but I believe insulin-dependent diabetes is a decline all by itself.

Perfect. That is what I needed it for the most. I can place the other one with Equitable more than likely.

Going by how Continental Life would treat these (since they are owned by the same company and they have the same wording on the app), insulin dependent diabetes is a decline. However, on the arthritis, the way the question is worded is:

arthritis that restricts mobility or the activities of daily living

The challenge may be what medication this person is taking. People with rheumatoid tend to take medications that are likely on the decline list.

Yeah, ra is probably a decline of they are getting meds for it, especially is it is bring administered as a part b drug... Makes since because non of the medigap carriers want to accept beneficiaries that are going to immediately have part b / medigap claims... For ra, if the client is less than 3 years on part b I advise looking at aarp.

Back