Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Senior Insurance Forum

Reply to AARP MedSupp "Medical Status Verification Request Form"     
Old 06-16-2017, 02:51 PM   #1
Super Genius
Klutch on AARP MedSupp "Medical Status Verification Request Form"

State: Klutch is an Insurance Agent from
AARP MedSupp "Medical Status Verification Request Form" AARP MedSupp "Medical Status Verification Request Form"
I recently contracted with UHC/AARP & submitted a MedSupp piece with them. Today I got an email saying they mailed my client a "Medical Status Verification Request Form", which their doctor will need to fill out. I called UHC and the rep had no clue.

Did something come back on a script check and they need a verification from the doctor, or does this mean they're likely going to decline the application?
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to AARP MedSupp "Medical Status Verification Request Form"
Old 06-19-2017, 10:10 AM   #2
Guru
Todd King on AARP MedSupp "Medical Status Verification Request Form"

State: Todd King is an Insurance Agent from Virginia
Todd King is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
AARP MedSupp "Medical Status Verification Request Form" Re: AARP MedSupp "Medical Status Verification Request Form"
Originally Posted by Klutch View Post
I recently contracted with UHC/AARP & submitted a MedSupp piece with them. Today I got an email saying they mailed my client a "Medical Status Verification Request Form", which their doctor will need to fill out. I called UHC and the rep had no clue.

Did something come back on a script check and they need a verification from the doctor, or does this mean they're likely going to decline the application?

It sounds like they are looking for verification from the Dr.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:56 AM   #3
Super Genius

State: Millwood is an Insurance Agent from Oklahoma
AARP MedSupp "Medical Status Verification Request Form" Re: AARP MedSupp "Medical Status Verification Request Form"
In the past 12 months I have had this happen multiple times. It's a PITA. It seems like 2 things trigger it. Script check or the phone interview. On the phone interview they must not identify themselves very well as a lot of clients get wary. If the client won't answer questions or can't , they send the Doctor a questionnaire which is basically the health questions verbatim.
Most Doctors don't like it since its all the questions. Some won't do it.

I have never had it happen on Level 2 rates. Only when trying to get the Level 1 rates. Guess what I never put anything with them now except Level 2 sickies and Open Enrollment. Why fight them, but this may all change in July when they eliminate most of those Level 2 conditions.

Last edited by Millwood; 06-19-2017 at 12:57 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 06-19-2017, 02:06 PM   #4
Guru

State: Midlevel is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
I'm not liking the new question about if they are a resident in a nursing home that provides more than Assisted Living. I used to write a lot of their Med Sup for people in a Veterans home or other facility.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:22 PM   #5
Guru

State: TN_agent is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
Originally Posted by Midlevel View Post
I'm not liking the new question about if they are a resident in a nursing home that provides more than Assisted Living. I used to write a lot of their Med Sup for people in a Veterans home or other facility.
Hence why they have started asking that question. Too many people were doing the same thing.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:25 PM   #6
Super Genius

Another good thing to give them are transplant recipients who are getting killed with Part B anti-rejection drug costs. Much better than out of pocket with most MAPD's or MA's.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:35 PM   #7
Guru

State: Midlevel is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
F plan is over $350/month so I think they would still be fine if client is in a skilled nursing facility but just my opinion. No need for me to ever write them again now.
Old 06-19-2017, 03:50 PM   #8
Guru
somarco on AARP MedSupp "Medical Status Verification Request Form"

State: somarco is an Insurance Agent from Georgia
somarco is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
No need for me to ever write them again now.
My guess is that is the idea. Curtail agent business on the money losers.

I have never written anything with them and never will. But I refer every sick person I can to them and provide the 800 number to enroll direct.

The doctor is in. Five cents please.
Georgia Medicare Plans
GA Medicare Supplement Rates
(404) 252-5859
Old 06-19-2017, 04:52 PM   #9
Super Genius

AARP MedSupp "Medical Status Verification Request Form"
Originally Posted by somarco View Post
My guess is that is the idea. Curtail agent business on the money losers.

I have never written anything with them and never will. But I refer every sick person I can to them and provide the 800 number to enroll direct.
You and I both feel the same about them. The only thing better than giving them every sick person you can is........giving them every sick person and them paying you for doing it.

Last edited by Millwood; 06-19-2017 at 09:27 PM.
Reply to AARP MedSupp "Medical Status Verification Request Form" 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Senior Insurance Forum