AARP & Obamacare

The official name of the mapd in my area is. AARP Medicare complete. Branded with AARP name. To sell it one has to take a brainwash er certification class to be authorized to offer

The 6 hour brainwash, I mean certification is right. I wonder if the company that designed the AARP certification writes curriculum for madrassas as well.

I won't write them. I've gained more business because I won't. Yes, I've lost a few since some absolutely want AARP.

I"ve even had some tell me that they won't do business with anyone who supports AARP.

I have never heard of that. I write them all day long.

I believe he was responding to a question about whether UHC only sells AARP branded med supps. I had also heard they have UHC med supp with no AARP affiliation offered by company agents only. Never seen one before, however. And have no idea whether it, if it does exist, is something available to non-UHC agents.

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

I don't know if it's the same in all states but here UHC med supps were sold under the brand name of Secure Horizons. Non-captive agents lost the ability to sell SH a couple years ago.

Not a big loss overall but Secure Horizons did have a plan G (which is not available with AARP) and also a plan that was available to under 65.

Any other agents having problems selling AARP Medicare supplements and Medicare Advantage products after there support for Obamacare.
Check into AMAC (AMAC.us) and AMAC Broker Services (AMACBrokers.com), the conservative alternative to AARP. They are an FMO with products in all states. They are working on a policy similar to the one offered by AARP. But in the meantime, they have great products and their BYB Build Your Book Free Leads program. They are qualified leads from seniors who need some help in determining the best coverage for their needs in their specific states.

Latest posts

Back