AARP & Obamacare

number9

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Any other agents having problems selling AARP Medicare supplements and Medicare Advantage products after there support for Obamacare.

Any other agents having problems selling AARP Medicare supplements and Medicare Advantage products after there support for Obamacare.

Run into many who don't want those products, but would only be a problem if that's all I had to offer.

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

That's nothing new to Obamacare. You have to test the water before you introduce AARP branded products. Half the seniors think it's a good thing. Half of them hate anything to do with AARP. Just sell other brands to those seniors.

I don't understand why United Healthcare doesn't give the option to have it both ways. The brand casts them a lot of sales. It always has.

There are some smart seniors out there is all I can say.

Last edited:
I only sell uhc and have only a few customers object, when i show them the prices of other companies, explain that aarp is not the insurance company i write uhc, price is the bottom line for seniors.

I only sell uhc and have only a few customers object, when i show them the prices of other companies, explain that aarp is not the insurance company i write uhc, price is the bottom line for seniors.

I guess if you are in an area that United Healthcare is priced well. In our area they are way high. So between the price and the AARP baggage, it's a tougher sale. But every once in a while you find one that LOVES AARP. Then they will pay extra for it. That's why UHC should make it optional.

Price is often, but not always, the bottom line. I've had many willing to pay more on principle.

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

There are some people who absolutely refuse to support anything connected with the AARP brand because of their political philosophy. Occasionally I meet one of these.

But for most people who disagree with AARP's politics, that is just one small objection to overcome.

Back