AARP Supplement Question

What state are you in? There are few states where they didn't cut commissions on GI, like CO. You still get a whopping $150.

My heavier AARP states are NY MI NJ FL and CA although my CA leads have gone downhill in last 5 months or so

I Also do buis in IL IN NC SC TN MO OH AZ
But in these states I usually only use AARP when I have an issue getting someone approved with other companies

Same here. I have submitted several GI since they announced commission reduction for that business. I have received full pay.

I have not even received any communication about it

I only heard about it from this forum

----------

If fact my FMO sent me updated commission grid for next year UHC and Humana

and there is nothing on the grid to indicate any dif comish for GI

with mutual I have a section for GI comish

and other carrier I have with other FMO's they are clear in contracts about GI

Full comm with UHC is still a fraction of the comm you get with most companies. No reason to do UHC unless there are serious health issues.

12/01/2013 effective. I called AARP and they said they would want a letter from the county, so I got that, also, I think Georgia is a non-commissionable GI state.

12/01/2013 effective. I called AARP and they said they would want a letter from the county, so I got that, also, I think Georgia is a non-commissionable GI state.

You get paid commission in GA on GI with AARP. It's the under 65 stuff that they pay no commission on.

Also, if his Part B started 12/01/2013 you don't have to answer the health questions in Section 6 (I think that's the section, can't remember off the top of my head).

one question

eleven responses

fourteen different answers

and we wonder why they have all of these certification requirements
:no:

I think sometimes we forget the rules vary slightly from state to state. And here on the forum, people are scattered all over the country...

one question eleven responses fourteen different answers and we wonder why they have all of these certification requirements :no:

Whether or not a specific carrier pays commission on GI isn't covered on certifications.

This is a quote from the commission schedule I received on 9/5/14.

For any individual/applicant who is eligible for guaranteed issue coverage outside of his/her open enrollment period as of the plan effective date, commissions for all levels will be paid at 50% of the above “AARP Medicare Supplement Commission Schedule 65+” rates, except in the following states, where required: CO, CT, MA, MO, NY, OR, SC, VT and WA. Where required by these or any other states, the full 65+ commission rates will apply.

I'm pretty sure it says GI is payable at 50% but maybe we can get a dozen or so other interpretations.

Rick

Back