AARP Supplement Question

This is a quote from the commission schedule I received on 9/5/14.

For any individual/applicant who is eligible for guaranteed issue coverage outside of his/her open enrollment period as of the plan effective date, commissions for all levels will be paid at 50% of the above “AARP Medicare Supplement Commission Schedule 65+” rates, except in the following states, where required: CO, CT, MA, MO, NY, OR, SC, VT and WA. Where required by these or any other states, the full 65+ commission rates will apply.

I'm pretty sure it says GI is payable at 50% but maybe we can get a dozen or so other interpretations.

Rick

I don't know

I didn't have that in any paper work I have received from FMO
though I have not done new paperwork for 3 years

I have not received that in any form

I have been paid on FL GI as recent as 1 month ago signed
Also in recent months I have received full Comish GI in MI and NJ

Have not done GI in CA since AEP

Besides NY I don't know if I've written any GI for them In any other state in last 12 months

I don't know I didn't have that in any paper work I have received from FMO though I have not done new paperwork for 3 years I have not received that in any form I have been paid on FL GI as recent as 1 month ago signed Also in recent months I have received full Comish GI in MI and NJ Have not done GI in CA since AEP Besides NY I don't know if I've written any GI for them In any other state in last 12 months

I'll try to throw in answer #12--I was told in FL UHC pays full commish on T65 on med supp. If client is coming off EGHP, then 0 commish (or perhaps reduced, I really don't recall b/c once I heard that, I knew I wouldn't be selling it in FL)

I'm pretty sure it says GI is payable at 50%

Wow! 50% beats the 18 - 22% other carriers are paying.

my smarty pants comment had nothing to do with (MAPD) certifications

Well Mr Smartypants, AARP has their own certification process you must take before you can sell their Medigap.

But you already knew that, didn't you?

Full comm with UHC is still a fraction of the comm you get with most companies. No reason to do UHC unless there are serious health issues.

again depends on state in fl or ny you will lose the sale in most cases if you don't sell aarp supplement

some counties in MI as well when looking at plan N
I would rather have 100 sales with less commission then 10 at 21%

that being said in most other states I would say you are correct
the only 2 reasons I sell AARP sup anywhere else is health or if they are stuck on AARP and or GI when the other supps in the price range only give 1 time $25 pay

----------

I'll try to throw in answer #12--I was told in FL UHC pays full commish on T65 on med supp. If client is coming off EGHP, then 0 commish (or perhaps reduced, I really don't recall b/c once I heard that, I knew I wouldn't be selling it in FL)

Well I have done at least 10 EGHP in FL in the last 6 months and have always been paid full

Well Mr Smartypants, AARP has their own certification process you must take before you can sell their Medigap. But you already knew that, didn't you?

And I don't believe it's covered in that certification either.

This confusion brought to you by the only carrier that requires annual recertification for Medicare supplement products.

Back