AARP Supplements Cannot Be Sold by Phone?

finalexpenseguru

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
OK So I'm getting conflicting answers here (and the "Agent help desk" was no help and said they'd have to get back with me).

I am selling Med Supps by phone. I'm not new to Med Supps, but new to the phone sales process. I have sold AARP supplements for several years as well as the main players. Are AARP supplements able to be sold over the phone where the initial contact was a cold call? Avatar lead from Thad, etc.?

I can't understand why a cold call is prohibited by them, but that's their perogative so obviously I won't market them in that manner if that is the case. My upline said they didn't think it was an issue but I want a clear answer before going forward and UHC themselves can't even give me an answer.

AARP can be sold over the phone and that is how I do much of my buis with them.

However they do not allow for agents to cold call with intent on selling their product, They basically go with MA rules for their Supp's.

I only get internet, Mailer and live transfer leads in state's where AARP is dominant.

I have done some teli leads in state where my main goal is to sign other Supp plans and in situation where someone either directly asks me or if some one gets declined from another supp then I will sell them and I have not had an Issue, From what my up line told me is they just don't want agents to cold call with the intent of selling an AARP supp

----------

Keep in mind calling help desk is not a guarantee to get correct info,

I can call 10 times with the same question and get 10 dif answears

There is NO reason to ever sell a UHC med sup unless they are really sick, and we have the new Cigna plan coming soon for that.

There is NO reason to ever sell a UHC med sup unless they are really sick, and we have the new Cigna plan coming soon for that.

NY & FL they are the top plan they are also good in MI and NJ
I haven't sold in CA in a while and when I did I was only contracted with a few companies and sold a bit there as well.In most other states its either because they were sick or the client was stuck on them

When I first signed up with United Healthcare around 10 years ago, I remember them giving us free "leads" which were really just a calling list. We were to cold call and had a script. You were specifically instructed to not mention AARP until the prospect was showing signs of being receptive of your help. They did not want people who were bothered by the call to know it was affiliated with AARP.

This was all in some sort of handbook. It was prior to the Do Not Call List though.

Back