AARP/UHC Med Supp Commisions Lowered

I did a Birthday rule replacement application for a close friend in California yesterday and it was not only approved in less than 24 hours but the compensation is 15% higher than last year ($345 for Plan F) even for GI.

He's happy to save $50 a month and I'm happy as well.

Interesting; i checked the filings with the state department of insurance the other night for their up coming Plan G rates; they filed for and got approved for t65 non tobacco (group rate) in the low $150's...compared to $178.5 for their plan f'; if they filed for their 'individual' plan g, it isnt showing up in the states filing documents yet.

During the UHC AARP med supp meeting they said commissions will be increased on Plan F and an upcoming rewards program.

Plan G was submitted in FL but not approved yet and they don't think it will be ready in time for 2017. Most likely 2018.

In FL they will have new underwriting.

New underwriting- live in a nursing home, had a heart attack, stroke or TIA or do you have one of 12 medical conditions - see list. Underwriter could reach out to customer for clarification. Doctor verification may be required.

Persistency rewards - 300+ Med supps = pays thru 10th year - $40 per year. Paid out in July or August

If you retire, you will continue to receive Medicare Supplement commissions without going thru certification

In a skilled care situation, bills could be the responsibility of the prior company if bill occurs in the same benefit period even if services occur after Medicare supplement start date

Just some notes..

During the UHC AARP med supp meeting they said commissions will be increased on Plan F and an upcoming rewards program.

Plan G was submitted in FL but not approved yet and they don't think it will be ready in time for 2017. Most likely 2018.

In FL they will have new underwriting.

New underwriting- live in a nursing home, had a heart attack, stroke or TIA or do you have one of 12 medical conditions - see list. Underwriter could reach out to customer for clarification. Doctor verification may be required.

Persistency rewards - 300+ Med supps = pays thru 10th year - $40 per year. Paid out in July or August

If you retire, you will continue to receive Medicare Supplement commissions without going thru certification

In a skilled care situation, bills could be the responsibility of the prior company if bill occurs in the same benefit period even if services occur after Medicare supplement start date

Just some notes..

So your leaning towards liking them? any others that back them as a good choice? They seem like a good pick for Michigan.

So your leaning towards liking them? any others that back them as a good choice? They seem like a good pick for Michigan.

There good in NY, FL MI, they are decent in NJ, CA , most other states that I work they are very pricey

I have to like them. I'm in FL.
Just look at rates in Michigan and see where they are price wise. Chances are they are not good and you will want to replace people who are on it.

All this bonus fluff AARP is saying is crap. I just want good commissions

Just look at rates in Michigan and see where they are price wise. Chances are they are not good and you will want to replace people who are on it.

I hear ya on the commissions. I went to the same meeting as you over in Spring Hill about 2 weeks back.
When the subject of commissions came up, the presenters almost had a riot on their hands. They asked us stuff like "You mean you would rather your customers pay higher premiums so you can get higher commissions?" When that question was asked, literally at least 10 people yelled back "YES!"
Same thing happened when the subject of "service fees" came up starting in year 7. The room just erupted.
I couldn't help myself, but to sit back and laugh at the situation :laugh::laugh:

MI Plan N they are competitive at least they were 2 years ago not much competition and most people in MI liked the name unlike most southern states

I hear ya on the commissions. I went to the same meeting as you over in Spring Hill about 2 weeks back.
When the subject of commissions came up, the presenters almost had a riot on their hands. They asked us stuff like "You mean you would rather your customers pay higher premiums so you can get higher commissions?" When that question was asked, literally at least 10 people yelled back "YES!"
Same thing happened when the subject of "service fees" came up starting in year 7. The room just erupted.
I couldn't help myself, but to sit back and laugh at the situation :laugh::laugh:

Not sure what they are complaining about lol, they could go write MoO, Cigna and get more money. Or hell they can go work for Bankers and get like $500 commission on a med supp. Truth is, AARP has the lowest rates for T65's and they have the lowest rate increases. I think I get $18.75/month and I write in other states too and it's usually around $22/month. Not a huge difference.

I just don't want them blowing smoke up my ass about trips etc. just give me more monthly commissions.

BTW are you still in Tampa? I'm moving to Brandon in Oct.

Not sure what they are complaining about lol, they could go write MoO, Cigna and get more money. Or hell they can go work for Bankers and get like $500 commission on a med supp. Truth is, AARP has the lowest rates for T65's and they have the lowest rate increases. I think I get $18.75/month and I write in other states too and it's usually around $22/month. Not a huge difference.

I just don't want them blowing smoke up my ass about trips etc. just give me more monthly commissions.

BTW are you still in Tampa? I'm moving to Brandon in Oct.

lol yeah I dont really complain about the commissions either, don't see any point, my AARP medsupp book is very stable and I'm happy about that. They could always write MAPD and get bigger commissions.... or just more business.

I was in Clermont, just moved to Citrus Springs, about 2 months ago.

Your moving again? What happened to Jax? Don't like the market?

Back