AARP/UHC Plan G.....?

Plan G effective in July in my Zip Code for a 65 year old is $27.36 less than Plan F

GA BX did something similar before pulling their G a few years ago. It was priced just a few dollars more than the (then) Part B deductible.

Earlier this year they reintroduced G with better pricing. Any bets on how long it sticks around this time?

AZ has similar pricing, which is a rate reduction of $14 on plan F.

Never had this happen.
Will existing clients get a reduction automatically? Anyone?

About $14 in TN.

I have the same question about rate reductions---just for new enrollments or all. A few companies have had reductions, curious how that is implemented.

UHC marches to a different drummer. I have never seen a carrier drop rates for existing clients, only for new business.

Of course Omaha is famous for that kind of crap.

Does anyone have any info on this coming out? Or possibly a link to any information on it?

I spoke with a carrier rep on my FMO trip this week and she said plan G was out in a few states already. What I found more interesting is that they are getting rid of silver sneakers.

UHC marches to a different drummer. I have never seen a carrier drop rates for existing clients, only for new business.

Of course Omaha is famous for that kind of crap.

Blue Cross actually dropped rates on some existing business when they switched from unisex to male/female rates. But that is the exception and not the norm.

In the handbook I received yesterday, it says, "AARP Medicare Supplement Insurance members in some states can now take advantage of the SilverSneakers Fitness program as a value-added service at no additional cost.

Blue Cross actually dropped rates on some existing business when they switched from unisex to male/female rates.

Didn't they drop rates for females while increasing males?

Didn't they drop rates for females while increasing males?

For the most part. I think there were some males who saw a rate reduction depending on which age bracket they were in. I have a tough time trusting them with my clients. Seems like they are clockwork with the 9.9% rate increases. Their Plan G has been fairly competitive, but I just can't bring myself to placing any business with them.

Back