Amerilife Marketing Group and Releases

Chris, first off sorry to hear you fell in their trap.

Being in the St Pete \ Clearwater area I am very familiar with this long time game they play and rest assured you are not alone.

I would also like to point out that they have a history of going after agents legally as well. My only suggestion is to be careful outside of the forum.

Lawyer up and take the battle to them that way or sit out a year doing something else.

Again, really sorry.

Chris I'm in the same boat, had a appt with Mutual of Omaha through GoHealth which after 1 year of trying to get cut loose of GoHealth for medicare supplement business with Mof O - I found out Amerilife held the upline appointment - it took 1 year for me to find out, because no one at GoHealth knew what had occured.

Then when I did find out I started calling my marketer at Amerilife and I've waited a long time for a call back, the receptionist could care less if I yell and scream about no call back. It has been absolutely crazy dealing with Amerilife.

I feel like my only alternative is to stop selling M of O until such time I can get a new appt.

I never asked amerilife for a transfer because I knew I wouldnt get it. Fortunately, I was able to sit out for 6-12 months and write other business in the meantime.

I have yet to read a positive review from anyone attempting to walk away from amerlife.

I have a friend that's in the same boat. He was under Frank I believe and now is stuck. They initially said they would release him, but then later backed out.

Who is to blame for this ultimately? The FMO or the carriers?

Who is to blame for this ultimately? The FMO or the carriers?

In the e-mail I received today, now changing their mind and NOT releasing me, there was an e-mail from Jason at Mutual of Omaha, written to Amerilife, reinforcing that AmeriLife has the right to take my agents from me and keep their renewals.

These are agents they did not find, contract, train, or support in any way whatsoever.

So, I think it's equally the carrier's fault, but they just go where the money is.

By the way, I encourage others to add to AmeriLife's Yelp page their review:
ACA Insurance Services - Insurance - Clearwater - Clearwater, FL - Reviews - Photos - Yelp

I never asked amerilife for a transfer because I knew I wouldnt get it. Fortunately, I was able to sit out for 6-12 months and write other business in the meantime.

I have yet to read a positive review from anyone attempting to walk away from amerlife.

Yep, I definitely have plenty of other companies to take my business to.
It's a shame that companies like Mutual of Omaha allow this to happen by their FMO's and the way agents are treated.

AmeriLife Marketing Group Review for those considering working with Amerilife.

Back