Any Med Supps that Would Approve a Diabetic Stroke Victim (2008)

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
Continental Life just declined my prospect. :( He had a carotid artery operation back in 2008 and he's diabetic. OUCH. Anyone know of a med sup product that might accept him? Otherwise, he's a healthy 66 year old.

Re: Amy Med Supps that Would Approve a Diabetic Stroke Victim (2008)

You can always fall back on AARP if nothing else

What state?

What diabetic details pills Injection
How much

any complications

Insulin dependent?

Is he seeing a doctor all the time about this condition/operation?

What other meds is he on?

Hard for me to believe he would be hard to place with just that back in 2008 (isn't it just a stent in his neck?) and taking metformin or glipizide for type II diabetes.

Does he have clots? Is he taking coumadin/warfarin? Going to the doctor a few times per month to test his blood density?

Sounds like he's got some other issues (ACI doesn't even do an MIB; just script check and PHI).

What other meds is he on?

Hard for me to believe he would be hard to place with just that back in 2008 (isn't it just a stent in his neck?) and taking metformin or glipizide for type II diabetes.

Does he have clots? Is he taking coumadin/warfarin? Going to the doctor a few times per month to test his blood density?

Sounds like he's got some other issues (ACI doesn't even do an MIB; just script check and PHI).

The customer service rep said that any negative responses makes it a DECLINE.

The customer service rep said that any negative responses makes it a DECLINE.

Well didn't you ask him the questions? Were they all no? He answered yes to diabetes and unless he had/has complications or his meds have been changed for uncontrolled blood sugar he shouldn't have been declined unless he's on other meds you didn't mention (I suspect he is).

I almost always prescreen, man. Saves you and the client a lot of time.

Continental Life just declined my prospect. :( He had a carotid artery operation back in 2008 and he's diabetic. OUCH. Anyone know of a med sup product that might accept him? Otherwise, he's a healthy 66 year old.

Sounds like Oxford or Equitable would work.

Well didn't you ask him the questions? Were they all no? He answered yes to diabetes and unless he had/has complications or his meds have been changed for uncontrolled blood sugar he shouldn't have been declined unless he's on other meds you didn't mention (I suspect he is).

I almost always prescreen, man. Saves you and the client a lot of time.

Most companies will decline a diabetic with any type of prior heart/circulatory problems.

----------

New Era/Philly American, Equitable, and Loyal American if they are still available in your state. I wouldn;t use Loyal if you have a choice though.

----------

Sounds like Oxford or Equitable would work.

Oxford will not work. Per the last conversation I had with Amanda, they will not accept any diabetic with any type prior heart or circulatory disorder no matter how long ago it was. Have you had any of these issued in the last 2 months with them? I think they may have changed their UW.

Most companies will decline a diabetic with any type of prior heart/circulatory problems.

----------

New Era/Philly American, Equitable, and Loyal American if they are still available in your state. I wouldn;t use Loyal if you have a choice though.

Well ACI asks that exact question on number 3 (I think) which I missed..and it says it's a complete knockout on the app. So, there is that.

I'm not sure even what plan he applied for but with WCU I just placed a guy on a G with warfarin and a clot in his lung in 2013. He also was diabetic (pills only) with hypertension (same pill for years/controlled).

Back