Anthem MA Comp for AEP

SportsNut

Guru
1000 Post Club
IN
Just rec'd the MA comp statements for review from Anthem for the AEP business.

All true ups paid at renewal rate. CMS must confirm to them if it is a true up and once confirmed, then they will pay the other half of comp; excpected to be March 6th statement... maybe!!! As if this info wasn't known on Dec 8th, the day following the close of AEP.

Also, missing a half dozen cases completely. So I wonder how long that will take to track those down...?

Wondering if an agent can afford to conduct business in this manner...? Work in Oct-Nov, get paid in March; maybe!!! A hell-of-a-deal. I guess it is just like money in the bank. NOT.

Who else has experienced similar activity with their Anthem comp for AEP...? :1mad::nah::1baffled:

Well I can tell you I have it worse. Year after year the same things happens. They extended this to make sure everything was paid. Well, I got most renewals and 5 policies paid. Problem is I wrote 60. So like everyother year, I call, get the run around, and told to email senior compensation. Then they get back to you in a week or so, you respons same day, and then they get back to you a week later. After a few of those, someone finally "researches" it, and after some time, moves them to commissions. And then there are the applications that didn't have the agent number logged.

So for new agents this sucks big time. Luckily I have renewals from other MA companies and supps. All other companies have paid first year and tru up. So anthem just messes with people or has the lowest quality work staff inthe business. Every year I hope their plan sucks so I can take my 250 somewhere else.

Now I am verifying if all renewals were paid and that I emailed in all my policies that are missing from the statement.

Always a disaster, year after year. And its the same for all the agents I know that use Anthem.

My statement still hasn't shown up so I can't even verify if they've paid me on all of them. My Med Supp commissions were paid yesterday. My individual and small group commission sheet is up, but like I said, nothing on MA.

Blue is such a pain in the arse to deal with. From the reps, to agent services and everyone in between. They think their sh!t doesn't stink and they "tolerate" us agents.

No commission today on MA plans from Blue Cross. So I call and after looking into a specific case was told "for some reason the system was showing you weren't certified but you are certified".

So now I get to email senior commissions with a list of all the MA and PDP plans I wrote during AEP. I might get paid by April on these cases. Luckily it was only 10 MA plans with Blue Cross and 2 PDP's.

Blue SUCKS!!!

Last year I could buy it a little because I had a new contract with them and maybe there was a "glitch" in the system. But this year I am really confused. I am convinced they do these things on purpose and wait to see who is on the ball and will fight for all their policies. And you do have to fight for quite some time to get it done.

It's much easier to know when you haven't gotten paid on a case when you were paid on NONE of them.

I was going through my BCBS Med Supp list yesterday and I noticed two I didn't get paid on. Started doing some research (looking back at past statements) and I have never been paid on them. They were issued June 2011. It's a little more difficult to see two Med Supp cases that haven't been paid on because I have so many of them.

But getting no commissions on MAPD or renewals on MAPD was a little easier to realize than missing one or two.

According to Agent Services, the commissions were direct deposited on 2/7. She was adamant I had been paid because there was a "Senior" commission statement online. She even told me the amount that was paid. I explained to her that was ALL Med Supp commissions. No MAPD commissions.

So, if you were keyed in as the agent of record for your cases and they didn't screw up on the certification, then you should be getting paid (assuming Ritter sends it to you). Just curious, why is yours through Ritter and not direct? Of course, things could be different in Georgia than in Indiana. We can go direct with Blue.

We can go direct too. I don't remember why I went through them. I didn't realize I was assigning my commissions either until I started getting paid. I don't write much anthem so it isn't a big deal at this moment.

Latest posts

Back