Any Medicare Plan in the Country who Covers Clients with ESRD?

Rick,

that other guy wasnt correct about UHC.
UHC is certainly the easiest Med Supp to get if you have previous Health History, because they ask fewer health questions than everyone else.

but they Still ask about ESRD.....even in Florida.

and he was also wrong about the price ..... for a U65 who is on Medicare due to disability, the cost is $753 per month. My client doesnt have that money.
But he wont qualify in the first place.

So, thanks for trying......
But UHC is not an option.

You are correct about the price but if you read the UHC app it specifically states that he would be accepted if within 6 months of his Part B effective date. Argue with UHC, not me. (Plan N is $540).

My issue with you is that unlike a professional you didn't give us the complete information. But you have YEARS of experience.

Rick

I lost credibility from who?
The Internet Poster?

I asked a question of a forum. Just in case there is a plan I dont know about.
You are condescending rather than answer the question.
so, either you Dont have an answer, or you are simply poor at communicating.
That lost YOU credibility.

I sell Insurance.
only my clients matter.

----------

All Med Supps accept T65 with ESRD. I didn't know about FL where UHC accepts U65 NEW TO MEDICARE with ESRD but you got your answer after you finally gave us enough information.

I'd drop this but I'm really bored today and have nothing better to do. My plane is grounded for a couple of days and I don't feel like playing golf.

Rick

Rick,

UHC is certainly the easiest Med Supp to get if you have previous Health History, because they ask fewer health questions than everyone else.

and he was also wrong about the price ..... for a U65 who is on Medicare due to disability, the cost is $753 per month. My client doesnt have that money.

But UHC is not an option.[/QUOTE]

O.K first I rarely write any U65 in Fl for UHC because they said they won't pay us for them so the plan F and N rate I threw out was and guesstimate for region 2.The exact amount is 532.00 for F and 384.00 for N for region 2 were most of the business in fl is written and it's a little lower for region 3.Are you just now saying he is in region 1 ( south fl ) ? Big difference! every agent knows the rates are outrages in south fl compared to the rest of the state so that would have also been very pertinent information to include in your're OP

So if your client will be financially ruined by paying for dialysis out of pocket and also would be financially ruined by paying a high premium then what was wrong about the advise i offered in my first post about your client seeking help for the 20% through a foundation or charity that the dialysis center can hook them up with?

BTW if the client really is in south Fl the MA where they have about 100 plans available they might actually have a SNP ESRD plan available there if you know how to filter your search for chronic illness SNP plans on medicare.gov

Oh and just in case your Google is still broken here is some resources your client may want to look at :

American Kidney Fund Safety Net Grants Program:

The American Kidney Fund Safety Net Grants help dialysis and transplant patients with their treatment-related costs, like transportation, medications and nutritional supplements.

Other Programs:

Kidney and Urology Foundation
National Kidney Foundation
United Way

Last edited:
Not trying to get in the middle, but did you call the number wehotex posted or the "normal" UHC number? That's the only way to get it, at that price.

I dont call UHC to get quotes. I use a quoting system.
and UHC prints the quotes in the Enrollment Kit where you get the application.

and even if you called in to buy a plan, There is no phone line where they give you "a better price" for the same plan. No friend can get you "a better deal".

wehotex is right about not being paid. I wrote U65 before using UHC.

Last edited:
I dont call UHC to get quotes. I use a quoting system.
and UHC prints the quotes in the Enrollment Kit where you get the application.

and even if you called in to buy a plan, There is no phone line where they give you "a better price" for the same plan. No friend can get you "a better deal".

wehotex is right about not being paid. I wrote U65 before using UHC.

Well. I tried.

I "ran the numbers" a couple of weeks ago, got the same ugly numbers. Sent wehotex a PM, got an immediate response, called the special number, got my client a better Plan A rate.

You keep being stubborn, know more than anyone else on the forum.

Have fun with that.

Rick,

But UHC is not an option.

O.K first I rarely write any U65 in Fl for UHC because they said they won't pay us for them so the plan F and N rate I threw out was and guesstimate for region 2.The exact amount is 532.00 for F and 384.00 for N for region 2 were most of the business in fl is written and it's a little lower for region 3.Are you just now saying he is in region 1 ( south fl ) ? Big difference! every agent knows the rates are outrages in south fl compared to the rest of the state so that would have also been very pertinent information to include in your're OP

So if your client will be financially ruined by paying for dialysis out of pocket and also would be financially ruined by paying a high premium then what was wrong about the advise i offered in my first post about your client seeking help for the 20% through a foundation or charity that the dialysis center can hook them up with?

BTW if the client really is in south Fl the MA where they have about 100 plans available they might actually have a SNP ESRD plan available there if you know how to filter your search for chronic illness SNP plans on medicare.gov

Oh and just in case your Google is still broken here is some resources your client may want to look at :

The American Kidney Fund Safety Net Grants help dialysis and transplant patients with their treatment-related costs, like transportation, medications and nutritional supplements.

Other Programs:

United Way[/QUOTE]

Yes, I live in South Florida.
My client is in Broward County.

Most of my sales have been here, but I'm doing mostly phone sales now in other states.
Yes South Florida is very different. South Florida and NYC area are the Highest cost Med Supps in the Country.

and sorry to say, NO, the MA plans here wont accept him.
They ask only 1 Health Question, but that happens to knock out this particular client.

I appreciate your recommendation regarding the charity.
I assume he discusses this stuff at the Dialysis Center, as you mentioned,
But, I will mention it to him, and the foundations as well.
I will be happy to mention anything that he hasnt already thought of.

thank you!

Other Programs:

United Way

Yes, I live in South Florida.
My client is in Broward County.

Most of my sales have been here, but I'm doing mostly phone sales now in other states.
Yes South Florida is very different. South Florida and NYC area are the Highest cost Med Supps in the Country.

and sorry to say, NO, the MA plans here wont accept him.
They ask only 1 Health Question, but that happens to knock out this particular client.

I appreciate your recommendation regarding the charity.
I assume he discusses this stuff at the Dialysis Center, as you mentioned,
But, I will mention it to him, and the foundations as well.
I will be happy to mention anything that he hasnt already thought of.

thank you![/QUOTE]

Your welcome. BTW there are SNP MA plans specifically for people with ESRD available:

SNP Model Of Care (MOC) Summaries - Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services

I dont call UHC to get quotes. I use a quoting system. and UHC prints the quotes in the Enrollment Kit where you get the application. and even if you called in to buy a plan, There is no phone line where they give you "a better price" for the same plan. No friend can get you "a better deal". wehotex is right about not being paid. I wrote U65 before using UHC.

You do realize there are AARP branded Med Supps through UHC and non AARP branded Med Supps through UHC, right?

----------

Well. I tried. I "ran the numbers" a couple of weeks ago, got the same ugly numbers. Sent wehotex a PM, got an immediate response, called the special number, got my client a better Plan A rate. You keep being stubborn, know more than anyone else on the forum. Have fun with that.

Oh stop it! You don't know what you did for your client because Neill7 said so.

You do realize there are AARP branded Med Supps through UHC and non AARP branded Med Supps through UHC, right? ---------- Oh stop it! You don't know what you did for your client because Neill7 said so.

Neil has written 500 apps, licensed in 8 states and he didn't give us all of the details in the very beginning. Now he knows EVERYTHING all of a sudden.

Your welcome. BTW there are SNP MA plans specifically for people with ESRD available:

cms.gov/Medicare/Health-Plans/SpecialNeedsPlans/SNP-Model-Of-Care-Summaries.html]SNP Model Of Care (MOC) Summaries - Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services[/url][/QUOTE]

unfortunately the SNPs for ESRD are not available in South Florida.
it was worth a try, though.

thanks!

I sold 500 plans in the last 2 years alone.

How many did you get right?

There is a big difference in someone that throws a bunch of apps against a wall to see what sticks and an agent that truly understands the needs of their client, helping them find a plan that fits their needs and budget.

Success is not just defined by how many sales you may or may not have had.

Back