Any UHC Medicare Producers?

A

allhealthandlife

I was recently denied commissions on seven enrollments for the Evercare Dual Eligible Mapd because they say I wasn't certified to sell it .The website they use to take and track certification called Learnshare showed that I had completed the course and the friendly PHD reps had on more than one occassion told on the phone that all my certifications where up to date but in fact i had failed to go through the last 4 slides when I originally taken the course The whole module could be done in about three minutes and there was no test to take.I didn't find out about this until recently when I audited my commissions and called the producer help line who told me the reason I was denied commisiions was because I had to go through the last 4 slides on the module.. I then sent a service request to appeal this decision but was denied so as it it stands right now iam SOL

My question is what is the next step I could take to try to get paid or file a complaint.How is it that I am not certified to sell this plan yet these customers are actively enrolled on the plan and calling me constantly with questions like dual eligible customers always do.I am obligated to spend time servicing these clients if I an mot the agent of record as far as commissions go? Usually I would help these people but I am feeling very spiteful here.

I never got taken to the cleaners by that mean old medicare advantage dealing United Health Care but her little brothers Humana and Coventry sure kicked my teeth in a couple of times! The only way you win with devils like these is to refuse to do business with them at all. Screw all those MA companies and the horse they rode in on.:1arghh:

Allhealthandlife,

I went through a somewhat similar situation where I had taken all of the 2009 certs online when they were made available, completed and passed them and two months later when they started to offer the 2010 courses, three of the 2009 certs were gone. The option to view the cert was gone. Poof. Vanished and nowhere to be found. UHC informed me that I never took them and when I challenged them that I sold a few Med Supps and had been paid on them, how would that have been possible if I did not have the Med Supp cert. Silience from them, but could not make any headway on locating the certs or getting credit. The only option I was offered was to retake the courses and obtain the certs.

I was fortunate enough to catch this error before scheduled appts and "with gritted teeth", rescheduled my appts and took the three courses for the second time.
Lesson learned: Keep copies of all completed courses which will help this type of issue in the future.

Do you recall when you took the Evercare courses ?

Last edited:
This is why I ALWAYS print my certifications and keep them. I also print the screen showing them completed. That way I always have proof. I suggest you start doing this moving forward.

Allhealthandlife,

I went through a somewhat similar situation where I had taken all of the 2009 certs online when they were made available, completed and passed them and two months later when they started to offer the 2010 courses, three of the 2009 certs were gone. The option to view the cert was gone. Poof. Vanished and nowhere to be found. UHC informed me that I never took them and when I challenged them that I sold a few Med Supps and had been paid on them, how would that have been possible if I did not have the Med Supp cert. Silience from them, but could not make any headway on locating the certs or getting credit. The only option I was offered was to retake the courses and obtain the certs.

I was fortunate enough to catch this error before scheduled appts and "with gritted teeth", rescheduled my appts and took the three courses for the second time.
Lesson learned: Keep copies of all completed courses which will help this type of issue in the future.

Do you recall when you took the Evercare courses ?

I believe it was as soon as it was available in Oct or Nov. This particular Module called 2010 Dual SNP:Florida didn't even have a test.Just slides to go through and some how I failed to go through the last few slides yet the module showed complete when viewing the Learnshare webpage.Also I was told by the PHD reps when they do a random audit of a producers certifications that " all my certifications where up to date" I went ahead and officialy completed it 12/30/09 but didn't take a screen shot of where it said it was already complete.Is their a way I could get a screen shot of what the Learnshare webpage displayed before 12/30/09?

After another audit I find that it's actually 8 applications or 2000.00 in first year commissions I am being denied yet the members are still actively enrolled and calling me for support.

I had a problem with state certs on UHC SNP also... Ga showed ok But TN my primary market was not there. I called PHD and some one there fixed it for me before I enrolled a new member. Keep making your case. The part about not completing the last four screens. seems problematic to me. Completion would be a CMS requirement. you could contact me if you want to.. I have battled them a long time.

Folks, if it is not obvious from the ubiquitous posts about how unfriendly UHC is to independents, let me state it clearly... UHC looks at us as if we are captives and treats us as such. Just drop your UHC contract (I have) and spend your time on their competitor's products.

I had a problem with state certs on UHC SNP also... Ga showed ok But TN my primary market was not there. I called PHD and some one there fixed it for me before I enrolled a new member. Keep making your case. The part about not completing the last four screens. seems problematic to me. Completion would be a CMS requirement. you could contact me if you want to.. I have battled them a long time.

My second appeal has been denied for these eight enrollments.Please call me at 800-561-6490 Thanks

Folks, if it is not obvious from the ubiquitous posts about how unfriendly UHC is to independents, let me state it clearly... UHC looks at us as if we are captives and treats us as such. Just drop your UHC contract (I have) and spend your time on their competitor's products.

My competitor in Illinois is Humana. They raised the premium for their PFFS from $20 a month to $123 a month!! I have had a great time switching them to AARP Plan 1 with a $0 premium. Had a seminar and 8 Humana people showed up. I sold them all!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My second appeal has been denied for these eight enrollments.Please call me at 800-561-6490 Thanks

Do you have a manager that sends you leads? Perhaps they could go to bat for you. Also find out who the state manager is and ask for their assistance. Don't give up without a fight!

Last edited:
My competitor in Illinois is Humana. They raised the premium for their PFFS from $20 a month to $123 a month!! I have had a great time switching them to AARP Plan 1 with a $0 premium. Had a seminar and 8 Humana people showed up. I sold them all!

That's great for UHC... but did you get paid? There comes a time when, after doing the best you can for your clients, you have to look at your bank account. If a company doesn't pay at the contracted rate, I will drop them and sell some other carrier. Besides, that loss leader may turn out to burn your customer some time down the road.....

Back