Anybody Have Bankers Life Med Supp Rates for Georgia?

One thing the comments do suggest is that there may be a broader range of supplements available to purchasers after their initial enrollment than what was available during the initial enrollment. I will have to keep that in mind.

Ummm, how did you come to that conclusion? The carriers and plans available to a person turning 65 are also available to the 80 year old at the same time. What can change is the carriers offering plans at a persons age 65 may no longer offer those same plans 5, 10 or 15 years down the road.

may be a broader range of supplements available to purchasers after their initial enrollment

goodgrief.gif

Originally Posted by LostDollar View Post

One thing the comments do suggest is that there may be a broader range of supplements available to purchasers after their initial enrollment than what was available during the initial enrollment. I will have to keep that in mind.

Ummm, how did you come to that conclusion? The carriers and plans available to a person turning 65 are also available to the 80 year old at the same time. What can change is the carriers offering plans at a persons age 65 may no longer offer those same plans 5, 10 or 15 years down the road.

There isn't a point in continuing to correct all of his inaccurate comments, maybe one of these days he will admit that he doesn't have a clue.

Originally Posted by LostDollar View Post

There isn't a point in continuing to correct all of his inaccurate comments, maybe one of these days he will admit that he doesn't have a clue.

At least in some posts he prefaces responses with the fact he isn't an agent. Between this guy and pretzel man, I fear for anyone who gets helped if they ever choose to get licensed.:err:

That's because there's no such thing as a new Bankers life Med Supp policy. You can't get one.

The word new in this reply conveyed the message to me that it was not possible to obtain a Bankers Life Med Supp during the IEP, while the general tenor of the thread suggested that it was possible to obtain one at some point. That's how I had the comment I made, and that was a subject for further research on my part because it did not seem right to me.

I got into this situation because of an impetuous desire to be helpful and I thought maybe because of all the layers of parties involved in the post about the insurance need, that the distinction between Bankers fidelity Life and Bankers Life might have gotten lost somewhere, and that that would be the reason for the "missing" company in the GA listings. The KS company listings on Medicare.gov are complete. No I would not trust rates as being correct but the list of companies matches other info I have. I thought that would be the same with GA. Apparently not so and I will not make the mistake of using those lists for other states again.

----------

LD, when you get your license .

My brain is slowly turning into swiss cheese and my hands are turning into pain generators with the purpose of antagonizing what's left of my brain. I have, I hope, thought carefully about your and Louis' business situations compared to mine and hope I am looking at facts rather than fears. I do not think getting an insurance license is something I can do.

Last edited:
At least in some posts he prefaces responses with the fact he isn't an agent. Between this guy and pretzel man, I fear for anyone who gets helped if they ever choose to get licensed.:err:

I agree with you 100%, he even made a bad choice on his own Medicare Supplement decision by deciding on HDF when Plan G was probably $70 a month more-that will be a money losing choice in the coming years.

Back