Anybody Know Anything About This?

axeman462

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
Someone emailed on of my agents, that appears to be from 'Optum' but is somehow affiliated with 'Golden Outlook' (which according to the email is an 'Optum company' (and Optum is a UHC company)) and is also affiliated with Direct Health.com, is offering my agent , at no cost, a Wal Mart location to work this AEP.

I am waiting for a response from the guy, just wondering if anyone knows what the deal is? Or if they have gotten a similar email?

Golden Outlook is my FMO, and they are a decent outfit. It is owned in part by Optum, so we work closely with UHC and Wellmed. But we are independent agents so we aren't limited to selling only UHC.

They'll pay for the store, but you have to commit to the 20 hrs a week that Walmart requires. You have to be appointed by at least 3 carriers, and commit to work all of AEP. Don't know about this year, but last year you also had to commit to work the ACA AEP.

I guess there aren't enough agents interested in the deal if they are going outside the group. The Walmart deal is also offered by other FMOs.

Golden Outlook is my FMO, and they are a decent outfit. It is owned in part by Optum, so we work closely with UHC and Wellmed. But we are independent agents so we aren't limited to selling only UHC.

They'll pay for the store, but you have to commit to the 20 hrs a week that Walmart requires. You have to be appointed by at least 3 carriers, and commit to work all of AEP. Don't know about this year, but last year you also had to commit to work the ACA AEP.

I guess there aren't enough agents interested in the deal if they are going outside the group. The Walmart deal is also offered by other FMOs.

How have you done working the stores? Get many enrollments? Was it worth your time?

How have you done working the stores? Get many enrollments? Was it worth your time?

Overall, for me it was a waste of time. Something that I won't do again.

As a new agent with nobody to talk to, it was ok. My first year FMO set me up with a Kroger, and a local outlet/discount mall. Second year they set me up with a Walmart. From Walmart and Kroger I can count the number of enrollments in one hand. The mall was different, a good source of sales.

Sitting in the same location 20 hrs a week is not something I want or need to do again.

Worked a UHC booth in high traffic suburban grocery store like five days and four hours each. WASTE OF TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do NOT understand working PDPs. I do them when I have to with a Supp but--whats the commission $20?

Overall, for me it was a waste of time. Something that I won't do again.

As a new agent with nobody to talk to, it was ok. My first year FMO set me up with a Kroger, and a local outlet/discount mall. Second year they set me up with a Walmart. From Walmart and Kroger I can count the number of enrollments in one hand. The mall was different, a good source of sales.

Sitting in the same location 20 hrs a week is not something I want or need to do again.

Worked a UHC booth in high traffic suburban grocery store like five days and four hours each. WASTE OF TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do NOT understand working PDPs. I do them when I have to with a Supp but--whats the commission $20?

These are the answers I was expecting. I'm still trying to find that agent out there that did well at it. I've searched for years and still haven't found one!

Todd searching for an honest man . . .

220px-Diogenes-statue-Sinop-enhanced.jpg

Latest posts

Back