Anyone Attend UHC 2016 Roll Out

Anywhere from $100 to $300 depending on the carrier. But UHC has been 20% for a few years now. I can't tell you the last time I sold a UHC plan. Sold some CIP plans prior to the UHC buyout and still have some on the books. Mostly in rural areas where it's them or a $74 monthly premium for a Humana plan.

I'm hoping those people have another option this coming year.

their plans have been weak for sure as they have been reducing extra benefits and network to really make themselves underserving of biz vs competitors-------last 2 years its been almost like they not wanting biz, esp with the "going green/ reluctance to provide enrollment kits" BS for 2014 plans-----that rubbed a lot of us the wrong way then with some carryover even till now------------they have stripped down the CIP Dual plan to where there is almost no benefit to a QMB having it

Anywhere from $100 to $300 depending on the carrier. But UHC has been 20% for a few years now. I can't tell you the last time I sold a UHC plan. Sold some CIP plans prior to the UHC buyout and still have some on the books. Mostly in rural areas where it's them or a $74 monthly premium for a Humana plan.

I'm hoping those people have another option this coming year.

20% op services is usually lower then the 200-300 op co payments but for the seldom times when its more it can be much more.

In my market UHC recently introduced and hmo with a flat 270.00 op co pay and just about every op charge i have seen is minimum 270.00 whereas on the ppo with the 20% op co ins. cataract surgery usually runs about 175.00 ,dermatologist op charges run about 100-150.00 and op colonoscopy charges about 200.00

20% op services is usually lower then the 200-300 op co payments but for the seldom times when its more it can be much more. In my market UHC recently introduced and hmo with a flat 270.00 op co pay and just about every op charge i have seen is minimum 270.00 whereas on the ppo with the 20% op co ins. cataract surgery usually runs about 175.00 ,dermatologist op charges run about 100-150.00 and op colonoscopy charges about 200.00

It's the unknown that is the issue. Most people want a set dollar amount. And I don't care how many instances you can cite where 20% would be less than the copay, as soon as the 20% is more you are in trouble with that customer and everyone they know.

It's the unknown that is the issue. Most people want a set dollar amount. And I don't care how many instances you can cite where 20% would be less than the copay, as soon as the 20% is more you are in trouble with that customer and everyone they know.

i have enrolled thousands of MA members with a 20% op benefit and other then the occasional observations stays it is very seldom i see an op 20 % charge over 300.00 and when I do its usually because an op service was provided at a hospital op facility when it could have been done at an op center.

i have enrolled thousands of MA members with a 20% op benefit and other then the occasional observations stays it is very seldom i see an op 20 % charge over 300.00 and when I do its usually because an op service was provided at a hospital op facility when it could have been done at an op center.

Thousands huh? You must be making some SERIOUS coin. Look, I'm not trying to convince you. What you do makes no difference to me. I'm going to continue to do what my clients want.

Thousands huh? You must be making some SERIOUS coin. Look, I'm not trying to convince you. What you do makes no difference to me. I'm going to continue to do what my clients want.

I have more confidence knowing that there is a fixed price. On the other side of the coin, therre are 2 local carriers who appear to have higher fixed co pay amts than the 20% co pays that the others have.

----------

their plans have been weak for sure as they have been reducing extra benefits and network to really make themselves underserving of biz vs competitors-------last 2 years its been almost like they not wanting biz, esp with the "going green/ reluctance to provide enrollment kits" BS for 2014 plans-----that rubbed a lot of us the wrong way then with some carryover even till now------------they have stripped down the CIP Dual plan to where there is almost no benefit to a QMB having it

Hee Hee. That's what I noticed too about the CIP Dual. If those poor suckers even knew that Oz never giving nothing to the Tinman that he didn't already have.

Yes thousands and that's why i felt I have some credible input on this.It's not a scientific survey but I have dealing with enough clients who have the 20% op benefit to make it a fairly good random sample.Most of my clients also tell me they pay about 70-90.00 in 20% diagnostic charges for MRI's whereas the one on the fix co payment plans for diagnostic services pay anywhere from 100-250 copayment

Yes thousands and that's why i felt I have some credible input on this.It's not a scientific survey but I have dealing with enough clients who have the 20% op benefit to make it a fairly good random sample.Most of my clients also tell me they pay about 70-90.00 in 20% diagnostic charges for MRI's whereas the one on the fix co payment plans for diagnostic services pay anywhere from 100-250 copayment

Your clients call you to tell you how much their bill is? Do you review every charge?

Back