Anyone Heard About Aetna MA Coming Out of CMS Sanction?

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
t's been over 1 year already! What the hell did Aetna do? Mass murder their members? It's really annoying to me because I work in an MA market with such few options. Anyone heard about when they might come out of sanction? HealthNet?

t's been over 1 year already! What the hell did Aetna do? Mass murder their members? It's really annoying to me because I work in an MA market with such few options. Anyone heard about when they might come out of sanction? HealthNet?

They were very big in the Philly PA market, with large corporate offices here as well. No word on when they will emerge.

They were very big in the Philly PA market, with large corporate offices here as well. No word on when they will emerge.

and IBX wont let us sell Keystone 65.. still get calls for that every day. I cant imagine how much money Aetna lost. Agents have very few if any MA options for the 5 county Philly area..

I don't know what Aetna did but they seemed really disorganized when I tried to recontract with them after not having sold their stuff for a few years. I had a short experience with them before they were terminated and they seemed really screwed up paperwork wize.

I don't know what Aetna did but they seemed really disorganized when I tried to recontract with them after not having sold their stuff for a few years. I had a short experience with them before they were terminated and they seemed really screwed up paperwork wize.

Their management is pretty incompetent based on what I've seen in this market. Once they "accidentally" sent a letter to our members that Aetna would be leaving the area and to select another Plan. This mailing was meant for another market and all of the members had to be called to dispel the letter.

They also dropped their Dual elig plan in this market and left us only with their regular plan, no chronic, no DE SNP.

They always promise a lot, but almost never deliver. Their broker reps are kind of yes men, with their finger to the wind and don't know a lot about Medicare Advantage or the local market.

Their commission statements are difficult to figure out and much time is spent making sure that they're paying commissions correctly.

They advertised that they would pay for our AHIP course, but since they haven't come out of sanction, they will NOT reimburse.

The ONE thing that they do right is take care of the patient
. Each person that I put on Aetna has received excellent care. It is sorely missed by those that were dropped from the Dual Elig plan and could not be enrolled into the Regular plan.

Last Wednesday I was at my weekly lunch with all the "brass" at CMS. They gave me a date but I'm sworn to secrecy.

Sorry.

Rick

I was told by a confidential source that the date they gave you was fake so that they could trap you if you divulged it.

Check your 6.;)

What the hell did Aetna do?

"Aetna said the sanctions relate to compliance with requirements involving Medicare prescription drug plans, primarily tied to changes in the drugs covered by some plans from 2009 to 2010. Medicare is the U.S. government health plan for the elderly"

I made a call, your wish is granted
Just happened to see this come across the wires
TD Ameritrade
Aetna: US Agency Lifts Medicare Sanctions, New Sales OK
Last update: 6/13/2011 5:47:35 PM
DOW JONES NEWSWIRES
Health insurer Aetna Inc. (AET) said it would immediately resume marketing and may enroll new members in its Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug Plan products, after sanctions prohibiting such abilities were lifted.
In April 2010, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, or CMS, suspended Aetna's ability to promote the plans to new members because the company failed to comply with certain drug-plan requirements. At the time, CMS said Aetna was sanctioned because it continued to improperly administer the Medicare drug benefit in its national stand-alone Medicare prescription drug plan and in its 25 Medicare Advantage prescription-drug contracts.
On Monday, Aetna said it corrected deficiencies, allowing CMS to lift the sanctions, although the drug plan won't receive any new low-income subsidy assignees from CMS at this time. However, those members can make their own choice to enroll in Aetna's products during the upcoming enrollment period, the company said.
Aetna said it will begin to enroll beneficiaries with effective dates beginning July 1.
In April, Aetna reported its first-quarter earnings rose 4% on lower use of medical services. The industry benefited last year as consumers used fewer medical services, though utilization of those services is expected to return to normal this year. Meanwhile, Aetna's total membership fell on a year-to-year and sequential basis.
Shares were down 2 cents to $42.73 in after-hours trading.

Back