Anyone Using Ritter's PDP Referral Program?

Ritter uses SilverScript's referral program for that. You can actually go through any IMO that has SilverScript and either be set up as a writing agent or a referral agent.

The referral agent side pays out a 1 time $25 commission and it's done. You only have to give the client the toll free number to SS with your personal code and you get the credit when they call in to get it.

There is no certification requirement to be a referral agent either. Pretty sweet for agents that don't want to mess with it too much, yet still be able to help out their clients.

Ritter uses SilverScript's referral program for that. You can actually go through any IMO that has SilverScript and either be set up as a writing agent or a referral agent.

The referral agent side pays out a 1 time $25 commission and it's done. You only have to give the client the toll free number to SS with your personal code and you get the credit when they call in to get it.

There is no certification requirement to be a referral agent either. Pretty sweet for agents that don't want to mess with it too much, yet still be able to help out their clients.

Are you sure that only covers SS? I know SS has the referral plan, but I was under the impression it covered all PDP's. They mention doing all the work finding the right plan.

Gotcha. Ive heard of that with SS. So using Ritter, they get renewals if the client stays year 2 and beyond?

I just called and verified this and it's like I thought. The PDP referral program covers all the PDP's Ritter offers...not just Silver Scripts.

It's not ready to roll yet, because there are still a few things not approved by CMS.

I don't know what he's doing with the other plans, I was just referring to SilverScripts referral program.

I'm also pretty sure it's a one time fee for the agent and all of the uplines; no renewals at all.

I don't know what he's doing with the other plans, I was just referring to SilverScripts referral program.

I'm also pretty sure it's a one time fee for the agent and all of the uplines; no renewals at all.

I guess I misunderstood you.

That's correct, a one time $25 fee with no renewals.

Thanks for the input guys..

All above is correct. One time fee, no renewal. That's a CMS thing. We're looking at the entire universe of PDP plans, not just the ones we represent. So, we're not going to get commission on 100%, whatever works for the client. We feel we have enough plans, though that we'll be able to enroll a very high percentage in plans we represent. The top plans cover 80%+ of the market.

Renewals are only paid for agents who actually market the products (per CMS, MMG 120.4), so agents would need to contract, certify, re-certify, etc. Some agents don't want to go there, which is the whole point.

Regulatory issue we're wrestling with is more on the state level than CMS. CMS addresses referral fees and excludes paying referral fees as a part of general compensation guidelines (licensed/appointed/certified), but some states (NY and others), it appears, will not allow a non-licensed and/or non-appointed entity to receive a referral fee based on enrollment. So, we're either (1) looking at other options in those states, (2) going to exclude those states or (3) going to handle all states the same, but not base referral fee on enrollment.

PDP Sponsors who run referral programs will appoint the agent with a referral only contract, which by-passes this issue (since the agent is licensed and appointed with the insurance company conducting the enrollment activity). Obviously, we can't do that, so we're trying to find a work around!

This will probably be tied up a few more weeks. Compliance and lawyers. . .

Hope this explains the delay! Hoping to announce better news soon!

Hi,

I filled out the info on that page and never got contacted. Filled it out twice.

I should probably call the number on that page

Back