AON HRA for ATT Retirees

kgmom219

What's Next?
5000 Post Club
Texas
I have several clients that have me do their Med Supp, then I advise them on their Part D plans, which they buy from AON, so they can get the HRA money.

Today, I did a husband/wife and they've got some expensive drugs. (Don't start with me on Canada. I tried) Best plan for her was Magellan. His was BCBS. Whatever.

She calls and they are only offering Humana this year. Isn't that special?

So I told her to call back and find out if she can get a vision plan, then get the rest of the HRA money. The answer is YES.

So its $60 per person per year for the vision plan and she can submit for reimbursement on the Med Supps.

The clients actually come out ahead on the HRA reimbursement by $200/year. In addition to the fact that going to Humana drug plans was an additional $8K in OOP for drugs.

Hope this helps someone else...

Vision plans FTW! :)

For clients I manage yearly with the ATT or 3M HRA funding, I set up an account on the exchange site and do the enrollment for them so they don't have to be hassled with the exchange morons.

For clients I manage yearly with the ATT or 3M HRA funding, I set up an account on the exchange site and do the enrollment for them so they don't have to be hassled with the exchange morons.

Look for an email after 1/1 from me to discuss further. ;)

Thanks!

Sure thing. When suggesting a plan at all, make sure you go here to see what pdp's are being offered on the AON site.

https://retiree.aon.com/att

My reply when they are considering a MAPD is "Why, they are paying you $2700 to buy a plan that allows you to go to any Medicare provider nationwide, buy any drug plan that suits your needs, and not have to worry about paying off medical bills if you have a bad health year." I've not lost one to a MAPD Aon enrollment and have pulled at least six off of them. Seems the Aon dopes like to explain "one" plan rather than Medigap/pdp, etc.

Sure thing. When suggesting a plan at all, make sure you go here to see what pdp's are being offered on the AON site.

https://retiree.aon.com/att

My reply when they are considering a MAPD is "Why, they are paying you $2700 to buy a plan that allows you to go to any Medicare provider nationwide, buy any drug plan that suits your needs, and not have to worry about paying off medical bills if you have a bad health year." I've not lost one to a MAPD Aon enrollment and have pulled at least six off of them. Seems the Aon dopes like to explain "one" plan rather than Medigap/pdp, etc.

I don't sell MAPD, this is Part D and I have the Supp. ;)

But excellent advice!

I just got a call from one of my vision plan only clients and they will only get $500/year for that on the HRA. They were supposed to use Aon for their drug plan, but made a mistake and called the plan contrary to my instructions. I have their Medicare sup and AON is telling them for every part they don't have with the exchange they get a reduced amount.

Back