ATT Cancels Retiree Health Plan

Somarco:

Telco retiree conference with ATT/AON August 2014. This site won't take URL because I don't have 20 posts yet. It was in the minutes of the Telco Retiree Organization. It should be in the HRA document in October from AON.

----------

The AON site only lists Stirling & Humana on site for Medigap choices i my zip code. The AON agent however indicates they can get all choices for Medigap stipulated by Medicare, even though site only shows 2. So, real problem is AON literature is incorrect in stating you can either use site to make your choice or agent if you choose. It correctly would say AON site is extremly limited as most carrier will not allow their rates to be posted, so you have to use an agent to make an intelligent choice.

BCBS & Humana pay full commission in VA on GI most others pay 50%.

The AON site only lists Stirling & Humana on site for Medigap choices i my zip code. The AON agent however indicates they can get all choices for Medigap stipulated by Medicare, even though site only shows 2. So, real problem is AON literature is incorrect in stating you can either use site to make your choice or agent if you choose. It correctly would say AON site is extremly limited as most carrier will not allow their rates to be posted, so you have to use an agent to make an intelligent choice.[/QUOTE]

Figures don't lie so lets say after the enrollment is complete that 80% of retirees using the website decide to opt for the higher price full commish GI Humana and BCBS Med supps then I would say AON's mission was accomplished of steering retirees in to the plans that were most profitable for them.

Last edited:
In my opinion, when Ma Bell died in the early 80's, the die was cast to lead us to today. We live in a false economy driven by smoke & mirrors. When they killed defined benefit plans they broke one leg off of the old three legged stool of Pension, Social Security & Savings. They now are eliminating the remainder of the first leg with retiree medical & dental. The third leg of savings has either draw zero interest since 2007 or is precariously perched on a false market driven by a false Federal Reserve printing false paper dollars for a bankrupt government in debt greater then all previous administration since George Washington. The second leg of Social Security was compromised by double taxation imposed by Bush & Clinton on dollars taxed at inception. One has to wonder?

----------

Figures don't lie so lets say after the enrollment is complete that 80% of retirees using the website decide to opt for the higher price full commish GI Humana and BCBS Med supps then I would say AON's mission was accomplished of steering retirees in to the plans that were most profitable for them.

That is probably true. The literature created by AON is probably false because they want it that way, to steer people to the wrong choice. But, the fish stinks from the head, which in this case is AT&T. If retirees want to know what happened to their real suppliment of $8,500 Medical/Drugs, plus $45 month Medicare B, plus Dental, they paid the difference between it and the HRA to AON for admistrative costs.

The AON agent however indicates they can get all choices for Medigap stipulated by Medicare, even though site only shows 2

One of my clients relayed the same info to me.

We had discussed options, carriers and specifically the value in plan G. When he had a discussion with his Aon rep he asked the rep why they did not show him plan G with carrier X.

The response was, "We can get you any plan you want. Just ask".

That's real comforting ...........

One of my clients relayed the same info to me.

We had discussed options, carriers and specifically the value in plan G. When he had a discussion with his Aon rep he asked the rep why they did not show him plan G with carrier X.

That's real comforting ...........

In my opinion, when Ma Bell died in the early 80's, the die was cast to lead us to today. We live in a false economy driven by smoke & mirrors. When they killed defined benefit plans they broke one leg off of the old three legged stool of Pension, Social Security & Savings. They now are eliminating the remainder of the first leg with retiree medical & dental. The third leg of savings has either draw zero interest since 2007 or is precariously perched on a false market driven by a false Federal Reserve printing false paper dollars for a bankrupt government in debt greater then all previous administration since George Washington. The second leg of Social Security was compromised by double taxation imposed by Bush & Clinton on dollars taxed at inception. One has to wonder?

----------

That is probably true. The literature created by AON is probably false because they want it that way, to steer people to the wrong choice. But, the fish stinks from the head, which in this case is AT&T. If retirees want to know what happened to their real suppliment of $8,500 Medical/Drugs, plus $45 month Medicare B, plus Dental, they paid the difference between it and the HRA to AON for admistrative costs.

That's real comforting ...........[/QUOTE]

AON's function as an insurance exchange should be to help the retirees through complete transparency effectively and efficiently find the best policy. Seems like like a conflict of interest if their agents are practicing a " If they don't ask don't tell policy " when helping the retirees navigate their options.

To Continue on with the Aon Hewitt requirements but with a different company...

I am working with clients that retired from Dun & Bradstreet (which is also working with Aon Hewitt). They are being told in order to use any of the HRA money they must get all products from Aon.

Does anyone know if this information is correct?

Below is Q & A the client had

"...You and your dependents will need to enroll in an individual health insurance plan through Aon Hewitt to be eligible for the HRA contribution made by D&B..."

This statement means that you and your dependent can enroll in different plans if needed. You don’t need to both choose the same plan. Perhaps your needs are different from your dependent. An Aon Benefit Advisor can help you sort through all the plans to meet your and your dependent’s individual needs and circumstances.

- Does this mean we are forced to use Aon in order to get the D&B Help?

In order to use the money in the D&B Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) - $580 in 2015 for each of you), you do need to enroll in coverage through the Aon Retiree Health Exchange.

- If yes, do we have to use Aon for both medical and prescription or only one of these plans (our choice which plan)

A wide range of plan choices are available via the Aon Retiree Health Exchange. Aon offers the same coverage options (Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement plans) you would purchase on your own in the Medicare market. They cover the same services and supplies at the same levels and for the same cost. The advantage is that you get one-on-one assistance from an Aon Benefit Advisor in choosing the best plan that fits your needs as well as the D&B contribution to your HRA to help with your contributions. Aon Benefits Advisors receive no special compensation to enroll you in a specific plan.

- Or are we free to choose where we buy our medical and prescription insurance.

You can certainly choose to purchase coverage on your own through the Medicare marketplace. However, as stated above, you would not be able to get any reimbursement through the D&B HRA.

Looks like weasel language to me.

The way I read it they must buy something from Aon but they will only get PREMIUM reimbursement on Aon peddled products.

HRA money, unless otherwise restricted, can also be used for OOP expenses.

Looks like weasel language to me.

The way I read it they must buy something from Aon but they will only get PREMIUM reimbursement on Aon peddled products.

HRA money, unless otherwise restricted, can also be used for OOP expenses.

I am seeing my first ATT retiree today.If they chose an MA with no premium then effectively the premium reimbursement feature is a moot point and copays would be reimbursed the same as they would if they had enrolled in MA through an AON rep.Correct? Also can they buy a med supp/pdp combo through me and my a dental/vision through AON and still be eligible for HSA?

I am seeing my first ATT retiree today.If they chose an MA with no premium then effectively the premium reimbursement feature is a moot point and copays would be reimbursed the same as they would if they had enrolled in MA through an AON rep.Correct? Also can they buy a med supp/pdp combo through me and my a dental/vision through AON and still be eligible for HSA?
From my understanding that would only work if they chose a PFFS MA plan through you and then got a standalone drug plan through the exchange. If they don't get something through the exchange, then they don't get an HRA account set up, and therefore they get no money.

Back