ATT Cancels Retiree Health Plan

Great info! Thanks Somarco.

I am currently working with 3 AT&T retirees. As of 1/1/15 the current ATT retiree plan is no more. Instead, ATT will fund $2700 (double for married couples) via an HRA and turn you loose in the market.

But ............

You have to buy your coverage through Aon to get the $2700.

But .................

You don't have to buy ALL your Medicare coverage. You can just buy a PDP via Aon and still get the $2700.

Or you can buy PDP, Medigap or MAPD.

The key is the ATT retiree doesn't have to spend all their money on Aon peddled products. Any unused HRA funds at the end of the year roll over to the next.

Carry on.

Now you have got it.

It is.

The only reason I posted this is to let others know. Do with it what you wish. Or do nothing.

whether I use it or not
I am not sure

But either way thank you for taking the time to post
and bring info

Now you have got it.

It is.

The only reason I posted this is to let others know. Do with it what you wish. Or do nothing.

Brilliant post! Great timing as I just had a client call me about this and really did not know how to advise. This is a big help. Most of the time I hate to even go on this board due to all the smart ass comments but wanted to thank you since this really does help. Gracias

In my situation, they buy PDP from Aon with some of the HRA $$ and use part of the rest to buy Medigap from me. Anything left over that is not used to cover OOP expenses rolls over to 2015.

I called and spoke about this, they can't use the HRA to pay for the Supp they buy through you, only a Supp they buy through Aon. Yes the balance rolls over to the next year, but your suggesting they spend money out of pocket now instead of using the HRA?

I'm all for getting the business myself but it has to make sense for the client....

Two of the people I talked to specifically asked Aon if they could use the HRA $$ unrestricted for purchases of other products not specifically offered via Aon. One of them was a labor arbitrator with AT&T before retiring.

Just going on what I was told by my clients.

Use the funds for part D premiums co pays donut hole vision and dental. Then take the supp for your self!

Two of the people I talked to specifically asked Aon if they could use the HRA $$ unrestricted for purchases of other products not specifically offered via Aon. One of them was a labor arbitrator with AT&T before retiring. Just going on what I was told by my clients.

It's a different story is the clients are making the claims, you'll find out in January I guess.

Back