Beating a Dead Horse...

Bob_The_Insurance_Guy

Guru
1000 Post Club
Decatur, Ga.
So...

Marketing representatives must NOT engage in agressive marketing, which includes prohibited marketing practices that have a high likelihood of misleading beneficiaries and causing harm, such as:

Bait and switch strategies such as making unsolicited outbound calls to beneficiaries about other lines of business as a means of generating leads for Medicare plans;

means that if I call a T65 list, and I offer to help them shop around for their Med Supp, or to find out if they need or want a FE Plan, and they ask about MA, I have to hang up and never talk to them again?

Just want clarification.
:err:

So...

Marketing representatives must NOT engage in agressive marketing, which includes prohibited marketing practices that have a high likelihood of misleading beneficiaries and causing harm, such as:

Bait and switch strategies such as making unsolicited outbound calls to beneficiaries about other lines of business as a means of generating leads for Medicare plans;

means that if I call a T65 list, and I offer to help them shop around for their Med Supp, or to find out if they need or want a FE Plan, and they ask about MA, I have to hang up and never talk to them again?

Just want clarification.

Just tell them you can't help them then give them my phone number.

I thought this thread was going to be a video of Bob beating a dead horse. Talk about misleading. Sheesh!

So...

Just want clarification.

The bureaucracy and anti business attitude if our government is a disgrace. What a nightmare if regulations.

So...

Just want clarification.

Since you are calling without the intent to bait and switch, why are you even concerned?

If the client brings up MA and/or PDP you are clear to discuss those items.

Rick

Since you are calling without the intent to bait and switch, why are you even concerned? If the client brings up MA and/or PDP you are clear to discuss those items. Rick
The already onerous rules are not enough. Many agents impose non-existing rules to make their job even harder. Case in point the recent thread where educational seminar presenters don't mention the words Medicare Advantage, even if their presentation has no plan specifics, because it's better safe than sorry. I don't outbound call anyone, but if I did, I would do as you described: don't bring it up, but don't miss a stride to talk about it if they do bring it up, and make sure I document it.

I judge CMS is looking at intent...if you are really wanting to sell MA and are calling about Medicare supplements, you are then in violation.

If your intent is to sell Medicare supplements and your prospect brings up MA plans, then document by getting them to sign a SOA and continue the appointment.

However, remember this is the government making rules, and when you have no competition you can be as great or as horrible as you want.

Back