The Best $20.00 I Have Spent

LewB

Expert
I have been lurking on the forum for a while but have just recently joined. I am starting my 3rd year in the Medicare business and in that short period of time I have helped many people but I haven’t made much money.

My first year I did a Humana Wal-Mart booth and everyone told me I should make 1-2 sales a day. I ended up making 2 sales a month. Last year I placed an ad in the local seniors newspaper and for the first 2 months the ad did good but since AEP ended nothing but crickets.

I was seriously thinking about getting out of the business and getting a job as a Wal Mart greeter. You see I will be 65 years old in May and was laid off from my job in 2006 and I can tell you that even though I had 30 years experience in my previous career with 15 of them being in sales, that in this economy no one wants to hire an old man except Wal Mart or Burger King.

Since I have no desire to work at Wal Mart (not that there is anything wrong with that) I knew I had to go in a different direction. After a while I figured out what I wanted to do to generate leads but didn’t quite know how to go about it.

Two weeks ago I sent Rick of Medicare Training 101 an email asking him to contact me as I had a few questions about the training he offered. He called me latter that day and we talked for quite a while.

I joined his site earlier this week and since that time I have watched a few recoded webinars and have talked with Rick several more times. There is little doubt in my mind that by combining my desire to be successful with the training I have receive through Rick and Medicare 101, Wal Mart is going to loose their opportunity for a valuable employee.

So any of you agents out there that are struggling to generate business I recommend two things. If you need a kick in the pants, go on over to YouTube and search for Earl Nightingale’s video the “Strangest Secret” and listen to it at least once. Then go ahead and spend $20.00 and get some additional training.

Lew

But you're still struggling right?

No, in 2 weeks after our first conversation he now sells twice a much as you.:yes: Apparently I'm a miracle worker.

Actually we've had some very good conversations and after giving some advice and discussion I'm now going to try a different marketing idea.

He'll succeed because he wants to and is willing to put in the time.

Rick

I have been lurking on the forum for a while but have just recently joined. I am starting my 3rd year in the Medicare business and in that short period of time I have helped many people but I haven’t made much money.

My first year I did a Humana Wal-Mart booth and everyone told me I should make 1-2 sales a day. I ended up making 2 sales a month. Last year I placed an ad in the local seniors newspaper and for the first 2 months the ad did good but since AEP ended nothing but crickets.

I was seriously thinking about getting out of the business and getting a job as a Wal Mart greeter. You see I will be 65 years old in May and was laid off from my job in 2006 and I can tell you that even though I had 30 years experience in my previous career with 15 of them being in sales, that in this economy no one wants to hire an old man except Wal Mart or Burger King.

Since I have no desire to work at Wal Mart (not that there is anything wrong with that) I knew I had to go in a different direction. After a while I figured out what I wanted to do to generate leads but didn’t quite know how to go about it.

Two weeks ago I sent Rick of Medicare Training 101 an email asking him to contact me as I had a few questions about the training he offered. He called me latter that day and we talked for quite a while.

I joined his site earlier this week and since that time I have watched a few recoded webinars and have talked with Rick several more times. There is little doubt in my mind that by combining my desire to be successful with the training I have receive through Rick and Medicare 101, Wal Mart is going to loose their opportunity for a valuable employee.

So any of you agents out there that are struggling to generate business I recommend two things. If you need a kick in the pants, go on over to YouTube and search for Earl Nightingale’s video the “Strangest Secret” and listen to it at least once. Then go ahead and spend $20.00 and get some additional training.

Lew

So I assume you canceled the membership since you are only spending $20? :GEEK:

But you're still struggling right?

I am not smart enough to know of any get rich get schemes but throughout my entire life I have worked hard and have always been rewarded. For the past two years I have worked hard but I have not reaped any financial rewards.

All the things I have tried and all the things I have been encouraged to try by FMOs etc. have involved me waiting for people to contact me.

I now have a plan in place which will require me to be pro active and will take several weeks just to implement and then a few months to see the results.

If things work out as I expect they will, by the end of the year I won't be rich but I will no longer be struggling.

As someone much smarter than me once said, the definition of insanity is "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Its time to try new things.

P.S. Indiana, I'm sure that someone could join Ricks site for a month and learn many new things and get many ideas. But all ideas are worthless unless we act on them.

I will pay my $20 a month as long as Rick keeps providing value.

I'm sure there is some great info on there but I am too lazy to read it and i know everything anyway. My membership saves me way more money in discounts than the $20 per month it costs...

Well I would agree, Earl Nightingale's Strangest Secret is one of the most powerful success tools in the world if it's properly understood and consistently applied.

The world is full of so many distractions that it's almost designed to keep you from doing what that program teaches.

Keep learning and best wishes in your career.

Back