Best Med Supp Quote Engine?

Since I provide a tool I may be biased... I like our layout and capability a bit more than CSG although they do have a good system. Also we give ours free of charge to agents who contract with us along with some other value adds.

Either way you go having a quoting tool will make you more efficient.

I don't understand these Med Sup quoting tools. Print off the rates of the 4 or 5 Med Sups from the outline of coverage and keep them handy so when you need to quote someone you have them. Don't see what these bring to the table especially since it never lists all the companies on it.

I don't understand these Med Sup quoting tools. Print off the rates of the 4 or 5 Med Sups from the outline of coverage and keep them handy so when you need to quote someone you have them.
If I'm not mistaken, aren't you the one that claims "seein' 'em in person" is the ONLY way to do business? While you weren't looking, the calendar flipped over to 2012!

Midlevel said:
I don't understand these Med Sup quoting tools. Print off the rates of the 4 or 5 Med Sups from the outline of coverage and keep them handy so when you need to quote someone you have them. Don't see what these bring to the table especially since it never lists all the companies on it.

It's nice to be able to pull up rates on one screen. It's not worth a whole to me but it will be when I branch out in to more states.

A quote engine is helpful if you are doing business over the internet, especially if you have a site that is used for capturing prospective clients.

For some reason a website, and quote engine, is a polarizing issue for some. I don't know why. Both are tools that, when used effectively, can help you build and grow your business.

One prominent forum member was at one time very vocal about having a (major med) consumer quote engine on his site. He claimed you lose control of your potential client.

He later changed his tune.

Not everyone that finds my site becomes a prospect, or a client. Some gather information, including a quote, then move on and buy somewhere else.

Others get their quote and apply using my links. When they are approved I get paid.

And there are some that really need and want my help. They get a quote, eventually we have conversations, and then they buy.

Medigap quote engines only have a few of the carriers which is good for me. I let visitors know they are only seeing rates from the more prominent carriers that often charge higher prices than lesser known carriers who have the same plan. I also include a "teaser" rate for comparison.

This often results in a sale that would otherwise be lost to someone that does not have a quote engine.

Moonlight,

I guess I'm intelligent enough I can look at the rates myself and I usually know which one is most competitive anyway. You sure know how to be a jerk on these forums.

It's true that most only have some carriers and not all, atypically if you are getting the Quote engine for free from an FMO it will only quote the plans they represent. We quote more than 65 carriers on our tool and house the primary forms (apps, SOB, OOC, Etc.) Agents and/or Agencies can choose to have all of them on the tool or only those they want to appear. As Somarco mentions there are multiple ways to use them. One less talked about advantage to having a Quote tool is that it can be used by an agent in their marketing efforts for competitive intelligence because it allows you to view all the competition and ensure your product mix is as competitive as possible. With that knowledge the agent can target areas they know their product is the best positioned.

For those that provide a QT (like me) it's usually not a money maker just a way to create a business relationship. Agents can use it the same way as a means to gather the clients interest, build trust and credibility which in turn helps increase the odds of a sale.

Are they the end all be all of success.... no, but they are a good additional tool that when used correctly have the potential to increase an agents ability to sell more insurance.

Hi, this is Brynn at CSG. As Jordon said above, there are many good quoting engines being offered these days. They have the ability to show an independent agent what they can sell to be the most competitive in different markets as well as keep an eye on the competition.

Here’s what CSG offers with its quoting tools:

Competitive Intelligence is our business. We show you a complete market view with over 170 Modernized Med Supp carriers, nationally, as well as Medicare Select, Med Advantage, PDP and Final Expense Life plans.

We aren’t a marketing company. We will not try to recruit you, you can access our tools and be appointed with anyone. We don’t only show selected companies.

We have more than just premium rates. We show rate change history, attained age increases, and underwriting information for all carriers.

We are inexpensive. Plans start at $10/month.

I’d be happy to answer any questions on our services or host an online walkthrough for anyone that is interested- just shoot me a pm or email me at [email protected].

Brynn, does CSG have an autoresponder? Do you have a way to import data (CSV, Excel) into the autoresponder?

Back