Bob Vineyard's Outstanding Article

(we'll just assume the client never changes).

You are also assuming the client never dies, or at least not within the specified time frame.

You need to be careful what you say. Someone might accuse you of not telling the truth.

You are also assuming the client never dies, or at least not within the specified time frame.

You need to be careful what you say. Someone might accuse you of not telling the truth.

Someone MAY accuse you. You need to know the meaning of may before you start posting.

Rick

Well, for comparison reasons, we just assume that the clients live the same length of time. Of course, there's no way of knowing how long one will live. But I stand by my point that over the long haul, the income difference between the two is negligible.

May be he should have clarified his opening paragraph by saying if you don't choose a Med Sup or an MAPD when 1st eligible for Medicare you may not be able to get a Med Sup in the future. It is just another scare tactic the anti-MAPD agents use to scare clients away from choosing a Medicare Advantage plan. I present both and let the client choose which way to go. OK, I am under my desk now so fire away at me! Ha

Just received my initial supply of Silverscript PDP applications and looks fairly simple compared to the Humana PDP apps.

IMHO Med Supp commissions are much more efficient. A simple phone call every year and PDP plan review will usually suffice.

With premium changes, benefit changes, plans leaving the area, etc, the MA portion of my book takes much more effort to retain than the Med Supp portion. I recommend Med Supp's to my clients, but will still take an MA enrollment, I just set the service expectation up front.

It is just another scare tactic the anti-MAPD agents use to scare clients away from choosing a Medicare Advantage plan.

That must be directed at someone else. Does not describe me. Or are you just assuming I have a problem with MA plans?

IMHO Med Supp commissions are much more efficient. A simple phone call every year and PDP plan review will usually suffice.

With premium changes, benefit changes, plans leaving the area, etc, the MA portion of my book takes much more effort to retain than the Med Supp portion. I recommend Med Supp's to my clients, but will still take an MA enrollment, I just set the service expectation up front.

You are so correct. I'm sure all those people that have MOO policies will be happy to simply review their PDP.

It takes just as much time to be a real agent to people that have Med Supps as it does for those who have MA plans.

Rick

It takes just as much time to be a real agent to people that have Med Supps as it does for those who have MA plans.

Define real.

teacher-blow-up-doll-1040cs032812.jpg

You are so correct. I'm sure all those people that have MOO policies will be happy to simply review their PDP.

Rick

I don't know Rick. It's much easier to look up a rate for a Med Supp than check the networks of multiple MA plans for a client's doctors. I'd say the work load is a little more for MAPD than for Med Supp. Plus, benefits can change from year to year on MAPD whereas they stay the same for a Med Supp (yes, I know Med Supp changes from year to year to cover the costs that Medicare doesn't pay, but the benefit to the client is the same). Additionally, you don't see Med Supp carriers terminating their plans like you do with MAPD. Which in turn causes additional work.

From a time standpoint, I can service the Med Supp client much quicker than the MAPD client. Plus, no annual certifications for Med Supp carriers (with the exception of the AARP branded Med Supp).

----------

Define real.

teacher-blow-up-doll-1040cs032812.jpg

Do you think Rick will get mad that you posted a picture of his girlfriend?

Do you think Rick will get mad that you posted a picture of his girlfriend?

That's a girl? Kind of butchy looking, don't you think?

When you Google blow up insurance salesman you mostly get pictures I can't post on a public forum.

Back