Bob Vineyard's Outstanding Article

Bob Vineyard's Outstanding Article contrasting Original Medicare with a supplement and medicare Advantage plans when it comes to cancer treatment.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/does-medicare-cover-my-cancer-treatment-bob-vineyard

I think article is written by someone who knows enough to be dangerous with advise they give out.

-no mention of MA having MOOP

-suggest that med supps cover outpatient drugs

- 100,000 cost for cancer drugs.Is he referring to part B or D cost?...sorta makes a difference

Original Medicare pays for 80% of the cost of chemotherapy. Medigap plans F, G and N pick up the remaining 20%.

If you have a Medicare Advantage plan you pay the 20% out of pocket.

The average price of cancer drugs for a year is estimated to exceed $100,000.

Even if you have health insurance, your out-of-pocket expenses may be as much as $25,000 to $30,000 a year – Mayo Clinic

Your share of these expensive medications is reduced to almost nothing with original Medicare and a supplement plan.

The American Cancer Society estimates the average out of pocket cost for cancer treatmentranges from $3500 to $4800, depending on the type of cancer you have.

Google, you might want to read again with comprehension. The article was specifically focused on how original Medicare, Medigap and MA plans reimburse for cancer treatment.

The post specifically focuses on chemo, not outpatient drugs. At 1321 words it is already longer than articles most people will read by a factor of 2.

My understanding of the cost of health care, and how Medicare, Medigap and MA plans operate is better than most of the agents I encounter.

If you want to write your own article for LinkedIn, go for it. But don't assume I don't know what I am talking or writing about.

And Louis, thank you for your kind words. There are few people on this forum that understand cancer treatment and coverage better than you.

Google, you might want to read again with comprehension. The article was specifically focused on how original Medicare, Medigap and MA plans reimburse for cancer treatment.

The post specifically focuses on chemo, not outpatient drugs. At 1321 words it is already longer than articles most people will read by a factor of 2.

My understanding of the cost of health care, and how Medicare, Medigap and MA plans operate is better than most of the agents I encounter.

If you want to write your own article for LinkedIn, go for it. But don't assume I don't know what I am talking or writing about.

And Louis, thank you for your kind words. There are few people on this forum that understand cancer treatment and coverage better than you.

I would really hate to think I had an MA plan when I was being treated.. MOOP or no MOOP.

"If you have a Medicare Advantage plan you pay the 20% out of pocket."

would be a little less scary if you mentioned that MA MOOP by law is no higher then 6700. MA plans in urban area as low as 3400.00 - not that much more then the premiums for med supp/pdp combo.Also programs available to help middle class seniors facing 20% chemo charges.In fact all my clients on MA who brought it to my attention that they went through chemo were able to qualify for a program.

"The average price of cancer drugs for a year is estimated to exceed $100,000."

cancer drugs can be part B or D.Even within the context of article I couldn't distinguish which you were referring too.

using scare tactics to sell the medicare health plan of your choice I guess works for you but I prefer to show both sides of the story.

Posting the truth about the way the plan works is considered scare tactics. Good to know.

I will note that for future posts.

When will your revealing look at cancer treatment with an MA plan come out? I can hardly wait.

When you tell both sides of the story do you reveal your compensation on MA plans plus all the add-on policies to "fill the gaps in the MA plan"? Do you explain why someone might need or want a plan to supplement their MA plan?

And the OOP. Do you mention that is only for in network approved A & B claims in most cases and does not include outpatient Rx? Of course some MA plans don't cap your OOP. Others have a separate cap for OON claims. Bet you thought I did not know that.

Or is that not part of telling the story?

And in case you want to know, when someone asks about MA plans I do compare the two and mention the MA compensation is roughly 2x what is paid on Medigap plans. I also talk about the agent comp on the MA "gap" plans and point out that even with a cancer plan and HI plan they still have gaps.

But that's OK. That $0 premium plan that suddenly became $80 because of the MA Plus coverage pays the agent close to $1,000 or almost 4x what I make.

I have been reviewing and comparing plans for 40 years. Pretty sure I have a handle on how these things work, especially at claim time.

Did I mention they still have gaps in their MA coverage that would not exist if they had a Medicare supplement plan?

Have a nice day.

I have been reviewing and comparing plans for 40 years. Pretty sure I have a handle on how these things work, especially at claim time.

Have a nice day.

Would you like a free membership in Medicare Training 101? Of course, we can only afford to do this for 30 days. After that you would have to continue your membership at the low, low cost of $19.95 per month.

And I'll have whatever day I want. You're not the boss of me!

Rick

Back