Buying Medicare Advantage Leads

the OP did not say what state he/she is in and whether or not there is a Dual Demonstration project or Medicare/Medicaid Plan (MMP), in the area they mailed to. I have mailed to duals in the past and if it is an an area where there is the MMP your returns rates will most likely be lower since the MMP plans have decent extra benefits already. If you mail to low income folks say ages 60-70 with incomes under $15,000 annually in an area without the MMA, you should get around a 2-3% return. A lot of duals are under 65, Check with your upline and see who they use for direct mail pieces or one of the other mail houses like Kramer Direct. Find a good piece that highlights the extras like dental, vision, OTC and use that piece.
Your returns should increase. At the same time study up on the Medicaid plan in that area so you know all about Medicaid when you meet with these folks. Figure out how to help them apply for Medicaid if they don't have it now and help them apply. Good luck.

Lol, You know how to sell supplement, I know how to sell MA. But I am going to be selling supplement soon,sure! Medicare advantage as well. The key is Why not selling both.

Lol, You know how to sell supplement, I know how to sell MA. But I am going to be selling supplement soon,sure! Medicare advantage as well. The key is Why not selling both.

You will definitely get a better rate of return with a generic mailer piece. The main DM piece I use for Medicare Adv averages about 2% return. Sometimes it is around 3%. It just depends. The key is not getting too specific on the mailer but at the same time you have to make sure that the mailer includes/excludes all of the information required to make it compliant with CMS and the carrier you are going to write business for. For example, UHC requirements go above and beyond what CMS requires to make a compliant generic mailer.

the OP did not say what state he/she is in and whether or not there is a Dual Demonstration project or Medicare/Medicaid Plan (MMP), in the area they mailed to. I have mailed to duals in the past and if it is an an area where there is the MMP your returns rates will most likely be lower since the MMP plans have decent extra benefits already. If you mail to low income folks say ages 60-70 with incomes under $15,000 annually in an area without the MMA, you should get around a 2-3% return. A lot of duals are under 65, Check with your upline and see who they use for direct mail pieces or one of the other mail houses like Kramer Direct. Find a good piece that highlights the extras like dental, vision, OTC and use that piece.
Your returns should increase. At the same time study up on the Medicaid plan in that area so you know all about Medicaid when you meet with these folks. Figure out how to help them apply for Medicaid if they don't have it now and help them apply. Good luck.

Thank you very much, really appreciate your answer! This is what I am looking for!!

What works for me and is inexpensive?
1 - buy a t65 list
2 - Send my CMS Approved letter explaining who I am and what I do
3 - personally sign every letter with ink
4 - Pay Person with nice handwriting to hand address each envelope -

Why?
After spending too many dollars to have a lead gen company send Reply postcards and receiving an ear full from prospects telling me that it is deceptive, I responded to what I was hearing. Now I get feed back such as - I opened your letter because it was from a local address. I read your letter because it was straight forward and honest. I called you because you took the time to sign it.

This process takes time but I earn clients for life and they are referral promoters like crazy -

T65's get hit hard with marketing mailers - how is yours going to stand out

You'll spend less than one tenth the time to learn supplements. There is very little you didn't learn when you got certified or MA.

You won't need any additional licenses. You won't need to certify.

MA is calculus. Medigap is arithmetic.

The selling part takes the same level of skill, but the complexity of the products is quite different.

You do realize there are more low income folk out there than high income? Hence the world of DSNP and FE.

Thankfully I do neither....but lots of agents getting rich with it if they have the stomach for it.

What do you mean by, " if they have the stomach for it.." ..???

1 - buy a t65 list

Why?
After spending too many dollars to have a lead gen company send Reply postcards and receiving an ear full from prospects telling me that it is deceptive, I responded to what I was hearing. Now I get feed back such as - I opened your letter because it was from a local address. I read your letter because it was straight forward and honest. I called you because you took the time to sign it.

This process takes time but I earn clients for life and they are referral promoters like crazy -

I think you are right on with this strategy. I have been contemplating this exact same strategy lately. I send you a PM too.

What do you mean by, " if they have the stomach for it.." ..???
Suggest you read some of the very humorous FE posts about agents having to shower when they got home from some appointments, or chased by a dog, and some other funny stories....and I think you will see what I mean.

DSNP/FE folk as a rule do not always live in the best surroundings......and in most cases these products are being sold while in the home....so you are exposed to a lifestyle that may or may not be the same as yours.

Personally, I am 100% phone/internet sales for LTC, Life, and Medicare (mostly Med Sups).....so I do not get the pleasure of venturing into any neighborhoods.....desirable or not. My point was that there is good money to be made for those that do....as there are many potential clients who need a good DNSP and/or FE plan in place. Just not my market.

1 - buy a t65 list

Why?

how did you get a CMS approved letter?

Back