CA Gerber Life Rates

CALTCAgent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Hello,

Are Gerber life rates in CA unisex or broken down by Male & Female, tobacco and non tobacco?

I am looking at a rate sheet, not sure if its current, but it is Male/Female and all the other companies I have seen are unisex in CA.

Does anybody have a link or rate sheet they could send to Gerbers current rates for CA zip's starting 950 to 951?

Anybody have the rate sheet/link to the other major med supp players in Santa Clara County, CA that are direct contracts? (The Blue's, etc.). I have the rates for most of the FMO distribution channeled carriers.

Thanks!

CA has, in their infinite stupidity, decided that gender rating would be illegal for med supps as of Jan. Really screwing women who have benefitted from lower rates.

All carriers with have unisex rates shortly.

Don't know if this was done to "help" or as a way to make Blue Cross and Blue Shield more competitive.

We'd have to ask our current insurance commissioner.

Rick

Hello,

If a person gets a Gerber supp. now before they go to Unisex rates does that mean they will keep that rate for a year and/or until next birthday?

Or will/can they be changed when unisex rates are in effect?

Thanks!

Hello,

If a person gets a Gerber supp. now before they go to Unisex rates does that mean they will keep that rate for a year and/or until next birthday?

Or will/can they be changed when unisex rates are in effect?

Thanks!

MOO couldn't wait until the end of the year. My female clients got about a 20% rate increase but my male clients dropped a couple of points.

My best guess is that they'll keep their "sexy" rates until their policy anniversary and then you'll be looking to move them.

I can no longer use MOO and look at other carriers.

Rick

Back