Call Center Jedi Padawan Flow

To expand what Todd posted:

Switch from Original Medicare to a Medicare Advantage plan.
Switch from a Medicare Advantage plan back to Original Medicare.
Switch from a Medicare Advantage plan to different Medicare Advantage plan.
Switch from a Medicare Advantage plan that doesn’t include drug coverage to one that does, and vice versa.
Join a Medicare prescription drug plan.
Switch from one Medicare prescription drug plan to another one.
Drop your Medicare prescription drug coverage.

$10 an hour and then about $35 a deal

Cant see doing that in the days I worked at a call center, Even $100 per deal no residue no salary is a rip off, IMO.

When I worked at a call center I got around $120 Per MA but I also kept renewals till I left and had other renewals from Maj Med life and so forth, Plus salary.Still only brought me to 80 K I knew of only a couple out of 80 or so agents that made the 100 K mark

I can see how I could Have been happy with what you are offering. Cant see making enough under your structure

----------

$10 an hour and then about $35 a deal

Cant see doing that in the days I worked at a call center, Even $100 per deal no residue no salary is a rip off, IMO.

When I worked at a call center I got around $120 Per MA but I also kept renewals till I left and had other renewals from Maj Med life and so forth, Plus salary.Still only brought me to 80 K I knew of only a couple out of 80 or so agents that made the 100 K mark

I can see how I could Have been happy with what you are offering. Cant see making enough under your structure

From what I hear from other agents that hire agents,Many say they don't make anything till 3rd year or later. But the Idea is volume

I personally don't have the resources to expand into that ATM, Also I don't have the patients. After I reach my goals as an individual independent I may go that rout but as of now, I am more intrested in creating a solid foundation

this will be in south florida. trust me. there are wayyyyy worse places down here.
$8 an hour etc

i hear you vic about the solid foundation...but its kind of like...why not?

save some start up money and see what happens!

computers are resellable, month to month lease agreements for offices etc

this will be in south florida. trust me. there are wayyyyy worse places down here.
$8 an hour etc

i hear you vic about the solid foundation...but its kind of like...why not?

save some start up money and see what happens!

computers are resellable, month to month lease agreements for offices etc

I think you'll be in to your FMO for a lot more than you think, hoping to one day see residuals. Lead money adds up fast, and deals can pay very slow, particularly with January 1st start dates and AEP.

Carriers get backed up with UW and can take forever to pay.

Who's your FMO?

----------

After I reach my goals as an individual independent I may go that rout but as of now, I am more intrested in creating a solid foundation

I HIGHLY suggest that you stick to this plan. I'll be discussing this in great detail at Westfall's event in a few weeks.

The big difference when you're trying to compare AEP with ACA open enrollment is that AEP is for Part C and Part D only, not Med Supps.

Don't waste your time trying to give someone without a clue good advice, my guess is that they would be out of CMS compliance on virtually everything related to Medicare within an hour of opening once AEP opens.

I can only imagine what they would tell Medicare recipients they reach on the phone.

Hi everyone!

Happy Friday, hope you all had a blessed week.

A colleague and I want to open up an office this AEP season.

This will be our first time doing AEP (we have both done Obamacare and STMs in previous years).

We will be hiring 6 licensed agents (we will also be on the phone...so 8 agents total) and pay them approximately $100 a deal.

We even figured out we can pay them $10 an hour and then about $35 a deal and then that would double our profit.

We are paying for leads AND as soon as AEP is over we will teach them how to run their own stay at home operation and eventually start their own call center.

Between buying used Dell desktops (about $1000 refurbished on Craisglist)
paying for an office for 2-3 months ($3,000)
$100 a month unlimited Vonage....
we dont expect our start up costs to be that much.
We would have to pay the agents out of pocket for the first 2 weeks, until the first payout (WE ARE DOING MED SUPPS with possible dental/vision/final expense add ons....no med advantage...so we will have quick payouts and be able to pay our agents).

Our FMO allows us to pay for leads on backend, we will also be hire a fronter and also Virtual Workers from the Phillipines. We are also working on the website etc

Now heres the concern: my partner wants to double double double make sure AEP is really what it is cracked up to be. Our goal to have each agent close 4 deals a day.
4*8 agents=32 deals a day.
32*5 days=160 deals a week.

160X 8 weeks=
1,280 deals* $300 commission a deal = around $380,000

We have seen others use the same model with STM, HII, Multiplan and become very successful during Obamacare open enrollment. Is AEP any different?

Is this doable? Is there anything wrong with this plan?
It is possible to close 4 deals a day per agent? Is there really that huge of a volume of people switching plans during AEP?

Please be honest and frank.

Tips, advice, your own experience, recommendations etc.

The good and the bad please!
This smells like a deal that was floating around SoFL from a guy in the midwest that claimed to be opening med supp call center "franchises" with "territories" (?!). Lead vendor with a NV address that lives in Tampa.

These guys couldn't organize a one car funeral. If that is the case RUN don't walk away. They contracted a friend of mine and told him they would get him leads but when time came they went dark. If he has his away they will be out the business by the end of the year for the misrepresentation and violation of FL Franchise law.

caveat emptor

I think you'll be in to your FMO for a lot more than you think, hoping to one day see residuals. Lead money adds up fast, and deals can pay very slow, particularly with January 1st start dates and AEP.

Carriers get backed up with UW and can take forever to pay.

Who's your FMO?

----------

I HIGHLY suggest that you stick to this plan. I'll be discussing this in great detail at Westfall's event in a few weeks.

Once again, we wouldn't be doing any Medicare advantage. Just Med Supps.

From doing a Google search I see people saying they sell a lot of med Supps at this time. Chris Westfall says the same thing.

You guys all bring up good points...but I'm not seeing where the fail is at...maybe like someone mentioned the carriers get backed up?

Even with med Supps the effective date is Jan 1st?

Once again, we wouldn't be doing any Medicare advantage. Just Med Supps.

From doing a Google search I see people saying they sell a lot of med Supps at this time. Chris Westfall says the same thing.

You guys all bring up good points...but I'm not seeing where the fail is at...maybe like someone mentioned the carriers get backed up?

Even with med Supps the effective date is Jan 1st?

Where in my post did I even remotely mention MAPD's?

And ONCE AGAIN, who's your FMO?

Back