Call Center Jedi Padawan Flow

Once again, we wouldn't be doing any Medicare advantage. Just Med Supps.

From doing a Google search I see people saying they sell a lot of med Supps at this time. Chris Westfall says the same thing.

You guys all bring up good points...but I'm not seeing where the fail is at...maybe like someone mentioned the carriers get backed up?

Even with med Supps the effective date is Jan 1st?

Only if replacing a MA/MAPD or if their current Med Supp just happens to have a Jan. 1st effective date.

Seems that you're getting mixed up on Med Supp or MA/MAPD.

Personally, I'd be frightened to do what you're planning if I didn't know anymore about the business than you seem to?:)

Only if replacing a MA/MAPD or if their current Med Supp just happens to have a Jan. 1st effective date.

Seems that you're getting mixed up on Med Supp or MA/MAPD.

Personally, I'd be frightened to do what you're planning if I didn't know anymore about the business than you seem to?:)

Lol it's not THAT scary.
*checks to make sure I'm still alive...yup I'm good!

Even with an effective date of Jan 1, med supp carriers will still pay out before Jan 1st, they payout upon receipt of 1st months premium...so still not getting what's so challenging here...

Someone brought up a really good point...lead costs. Thank you. We realized that as well and plan on staying on top of it. They are really fair about leads costs right now (if we tell them it's a Dnc they credit us)

Lol it's not THAT scary.
*checks to make sure I'm still alive...yup I'm good!

Even with an effective date of Jan 1, med supp carriers will still pay out before Jan 1st, they payout upon receipt of 1st months premium...so still not getting what's so challenging here...

Someone brought up a really good point...lead costs. Thank you. We realized that as well and plan on staying on top of it. They are really fair about leads costs right now (if we tell them it's a Dnc they credit us)

I'm getting confused. You seem to ask a question, and when somebody responds you go off in another direction. :twitchy:

Best of luck to you.:)

Even with an effective date of Jan 1, med supp carriers will still pay out before Jan 1st

....spoken from someone who's never been through a Med supp AEP before.

Sure, they'll all totally issue by then too. No back ups in UW. You're good.

Of course you're not scared, you're using your FMO's fronting and not your own cash. Your responses are those of someone with very little knowledge about what it takes to run a successful business LONG TERM.

You're expecting to:

A) HAVE top producers...and
B) Expect them to stay and work for you for a pittance

All because Westfall does it.

Good luck. You sound EXACTLY like the dozen or so other wanna-be's I know who have opened a small call center, get into massive debt and think deals will just waltz through your door and you'll be swimming in residuals.

Of course, YOU'RE probably the exception.

Not try to give you a hard time, just warning you. Nothing would please me more than you sharing your success story 6 months from now.

We don't need top producers. If they can read a script and adequate product knowledge they will be fine. It's the South Florida call center job market. People are sharks on the phone.

We only plan on keeping it open for AEP.

Close shop right after.

I guess what you guys are saying is that the carriers get super backed up? So they won't be paying out that quickly?

:
We don't need top producers. If they can read a script and adequate product knowledge they will be fine. It's the South Florida call center job market. People are sharks on the phone.

We only plan on keeping it open for AEP.

Close shop right after.

I guess what you guys are saying is that the carriers get super backed up? So they won't be paying out that quickly?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

You're on your own champ.

Don't let all these naysayers put a wet blanket on this sizzling hot plan. There are many experienced agents who put up big med sup production numbers during AEP. Of course someone with no experience can hand a phone script to several newly licensed agents and expect the same results in just 54 days (including weekends and a national holiday). The med sup business is a get rich quick gig as your spreadsheet clearly shows. See you at the President's Club dinner at next year's carrier convention!

What pisses me off is that people like this get an insurance license, have no clue about what they are doing, then violate every rule ever published by CMS, and it impacts each and every professional insurance agent working in this market.

He won't have any certifications to even offer Part D plans but will get people on the phone and probably tell them that it's open enrollment for Med Supps, convince people to drop their MAPD plans as well by making crap up, then clean sheet every application so they get through. He's 'closing up shop' on January 1st, what the f**k does he care if he gives bad advice?

He quotes Chris Westfall as saying he sells lots of Med Supps during AEP, that's because he's been doing it a long time and actually knows what he's talking about.

I could go on but won't, hopefully he goes ahead and does this and when he loses every cent of his investment he'll move on to hurricane shutters or cell phones or wherever else he think he can make a buck.

The next time one of us gets dinged by UHC for something as ridiculous as being in the room with a client while they enrolled in a PDP plan through the UHC consumer site just remember it's bad agents like this that are a primary cause.

If they can read a script and adequate product knowledge they will be fine.

I have yet to read a dumber statement on the forum. :nah:

And yes, I've read some of the stuff in the FE forum!! :D

----------

See you at the President's Club dinner at next year's carrier convention!

Forget the convention - this guy is on track to becoming the next best IMO! You'll be asking him for contracts soon.... I guarantee it. :1biggrin:

Chris writes a lot of business during AEP because he has a significant lead flow. All of us who have been pursuing Medicare prospects see a significant up tick in leads during this time.

Some have bigger funnels than others.

AFAIK, FL is not a GI or birthday rule, anniversary rule, etc state. A lot of folks that call during AEP think they can change their Medigap plan, or drop MA and go to Medigap, just because it is AEP.

If they are healthy they can, if not they keep the existing Medigap or possibly switch to a different MA.

If they have an MA plan with $0 premium they may balk at paying $150/mo for Medigap. If so, they are not a prospect.

Or they have health issues. You need to flush that out quickly so you don't waste your time.

AEP is time to go for low hanging fruit. Don't spin your wheels looking for a carrier that will take someone who is on insulin and 3 cholesterol med's. You won't have time to do much more than sort through your lead barrel and see who is viable, who isn't.

And you also should take time to evaluate their Rx, even if you don't sell it. Rx reports can take a lot of time to run and explain (20 - 30 minutes if you do it right). Or 5 minutes if you just throw it against the wall and see what sticks.

You also have tire kickers who just want to see what is available.

As I recall, South FL is heavy MA. Dominant Medigap carrier is UHC although FL Blue may have hot areas as well.

But FL Blue doesn't broker.

So you really have probably one carrier. I could be off base since I don't write in FL but I have read enough comments by those who do write that business that I don't think I have missed it by much.

And UHC pays a lower commission (in most states) than other Medigap carriers.

Just a wag but you probably need 10 viable prospects to make 2 sales. So 10 sales a day = 20 leads. Maybe more.

And in the end you are offering the same plan (UHC) they can get direct or through another agent.

Put all this in your Yahtzee cup, shake it and see what happens.

Back